Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jungle drums to the Mum
I managed to find a way around the "restrictions" on the phones here in the worlds ass crack and tested it out on SC's very own Mum.

Well, you are supposed to call your mum when you are away from home are'nt you?

It was great to chat with you again Jimmie, it really made my day.

For the tech heads out there our call bounced from across the Congo to the sat in space, down to Angola, from Angola to the sat in space again and down to Norway, from there it went via optical fibre to the UK and on to the Mum.

Doncha just love the 3rd millenium?

Cool
MASSIVE COOL!!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Yep, the technology we have really is amazing when you think about it.

Quote:Well, you are supposed to call your mum when you are away from home are'nt you?

lol! That brings me to a question I've had since I got here; how did Jimmie get this moniker anyway? Great with kids?
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(08-19-2010, 02:29 PM)tafdom Wrote: MASSIVE COOL!!

+1 Cool
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Yep it was a treat talking to the Great Pakster again. A real treat indeed and when he called I was at my smoke shop which made it even better.
We had a good conversation and I bought him up to date on the SC happenings. It's sad he can't make the L.I. herf but hopefully he'll have his hairy arse in the U.S. soon..Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
So why do they call you The Mum?
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(08-19-2010, 05:06 PM)Soulend Wrote: So why do they call you The Mum?

the mum never tells.
Just something thats best left where it is Smile
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Very cool!
freakin awesome how our technology works today and to connect with the Mum....priceless!