Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jose Seijas Signature 2000
Ok, so I finally gave one of these a shot.  With the fact that it is made by a man who is in charge of many powerful brands, my expectations were high.  I wasnt disappointed.  Here is what I got.

Pre light:

Firm but not too firm contruction.  A very oily dark Ecuadorian wrapper.  The shape was amazing.  Like 42 or 44 at the head tapering to 50 or 52 at the foot and then to a point at the end like a Short Story to ease lighting.  Very deep strong smells.  A true beauty.

Light up:

Easy to light, very even burn, no runners.  Ash wasnt as firm as I would have liked but still very good inch or so before falling off.  Very firm draw at first, but was to be expected because of small opening!  After the first 1/4 inch draw got much better but stayed fairly firm.  A long smoke and never got overly hot which was nice!

Smoke, Flavor, and Body:

Medium smoke, not too much, but enough.  The flavor was pepper and leather throughout with a hint of vanilla.  Amazing.  Full body and strength.  Eat a meal first!  I think there are some more flavors in there that my untrained palatte couldnt pick up.

Overall:

Aged for 3 years, I think this one will improve with some humi time.  It is strong and vivid now, but I think it will become more refined in 1 year or so.  I rated it at about a 9 out of 10, although that is based on my factors which I dont really know what they are.

I know I liked it, and I know I am going to get some more tonight!!!!

Mason
great review, sonuds like a tasty smoke.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
great review mason......I havent seen these till now but they sound like a great smoke
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
All the info I can find is that they are only available at 11 to 18 retailers worldwide.   I dont know if I completely buy all the hype.  They are very good though IMHO.  I found a decent stash of them and at a good price so I will be getting more!!!  Big Grin
Good review Mason. Now I'm really looking forward to trying them.
I guess im not around any of those 11-18 retailers cause I havent seen them...but there is always the internetBig Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I agree with just about what you mentioned except some different flavor profiles in the mix.Definately complex.I definately agree that time will make these an impressive smoke,I am hording a few now.

Thanks for the review