Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jonathan Drew Named President of Drew Estate
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatur...tate-19212

Drew Estate Inc. has announced that co-founder Jonathan Drew is returning to the helm of his eponymous company in an executive operating role.
As part of a multi-year agreement, Drew, who founded Drew Estate with partner Marvin Samel in 1996, has been named its new president, charged with overseeing the company's entire portfolio of brands. This includes award-winning premium cigar brands such as Herrera EsteliNorteño and Liga Privada as well as ACID, one of the company's popular infused products.
"Jonathan Drew is a dynamic entrepreneur, respected tobacco man and a tenacious brand evangelist. He is the original disruptor, and I am excited to help build a team around JD that is raw, provocative and unafraid to challenge the mainstream and take risks," said Drew Estate's Glenn Wolfson, who was named the company's CEO last July.
Since Drew Estate was acquired by Swisher International back in 2014, Drew has largely been on the road as the face of company, engaging consumers at cigar events throughout the world, including the company's annual Kentucky Barn Smoker.
In his new role, however, Drew expects to be spending much more time at La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate, the company's 174,000-square-foot cigar factory in Estelí, Nicaragua. The company looks to tap into Drew's "creative energy" in an attempt to recapture the roots and core values on which Drew Estate was founded.
"There's a lot to learn from areas outside of our main canvas at Drew Estate," said Drew in a press release. "We will return to high-level curation, mixed media platforms and true collaboration. We have lost our way a bit, but Drew Estate will bubble back 1,000 times stronger. Believe me."
Additionally, Drew will continue with his venture into the premium spirits industry as the CEO of John Drew Brands, which debuted three brands last year.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore