Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
JR Goof Up
especially since it's JR... yeah, it's just something to get people to jump & a good sale.
Marketing at it's finest! Special buys and overstock. Some prices are good and some NOT. I get emails from 4 sites and they are hurting in this messed up economy. Here is a BS mail from one I get. Limited offer so buy now.

Largest Special of the Year!
Will be reducing the number of cigars
on Special starting Monday!
Hurry!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Pure marketing and nothing else..
With all the check and balances, do you really think they screwed up?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
So what deals do they actually have? I went and looked at the site, but really didnt see anything that jumped out at me as a "super deal". Well, maybe the Gurkha Legend Churchill bundle....

Is it just that the deals are listed in an email or, was it an actual flyer of some kind?
(08-03-2010, 06:16 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Pure marketing and nothing else..

Yep, my thoughts as well Rolleyes
This is my boomstick!

I dunno Mum. Again, remember when I screwed up CH's e-mail blast or when Zappos had their mess up. Not as many checks and balances as you'd think there should be.

I remember one other time I sent out a coupon code and didn't check "%" so it gave everyone a $15 discount on our site instead of 15%. Which meant a whole bunch of people got stuff for free or like 50% off etc. Then again, we didn't send out an e-mail telling everyone to come take advantage of my mistake when it happened lol.

Man, why haven't they fired me yet lol? Probably because all y'all still like me Big Grin
yeah, BUT... if you put out a catalog of items with prices advertising what you paid for them and sell it at that, you lose money figuring the overhead, employees, storage, etc. So the quickest course of action to minimize the damages is to put out a correction.
Instead they say they goofed and you should buy them at these unprofitable prices. Nah... I'm not buying it. (literally and figuratively)
(08-04-2010, 11:28 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I'm not buying it. (literally and figuratively)

I agree. While big mistakes do happen, who publicizes it? I would never have known about this if it wasn't for their e-mail.
* Domniomaestro pimps his last post....

Can't help it...I'm curious as to what you guys consider good deals. Smile

also, I saw this last night just before I logged off:
Quote:Offers valid while supplies last. JRCigar.com is not responsible for typographical errors.
1997-2010 JRCigars.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved · 2589 Eric Lane, Burlington, NC 27215

YUP, offer Padron's 26/80/64's for half off then I'll believe a mistake was made and I'll empty my pockets to buy them all Smile
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!