Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Itunes help
(06-21-2011, 07:42 PM)nayslayer Wrote: Probably why it's quicker to do what your doing, your probably ,making uncompressed wave files

Can you please tell me in english? LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(06-21-2011, 02:45 PM)tafdom Wrote:
(06-21-2011, 12:11 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Just ensure that the CDs you rip are ripping to MP3 format. I cannot emphasize this enough!

I didn't because I just left the default settings because there are SOOOOOOOOOO many. Can you toggle from one to another? I think there are 4 or 5 options in the settings.

(06-21-2011, 07:42 PM)nayslayer Wrote: Probably why it's quicker to do what your doing, your probably ,making uncompressed wave files

no, he's ripping the apple m4a (an mp4 format with an apple wrapper around it)
mp3 will play on anything, m4a only apple stuff.
Terry change it going forward.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_ha...ormat.html
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
1. Open iTunes
2. Click on EDIT menu at the top left.
3. On the pop-down menu click PREFERENCES
4. Nake sure the GENERAL tab is selected at the top of the new window.
5. Click on the IMPORT SETTINGS box about 2/3 of the way down.
6. On the top IMPORT USING pulldown, select MP3 Encoder
7. On the Setting Pulldown Select Higher Quality
8. Click on the "Use Error Correction..." box if it is not already checked.
9. Click OK at the bottom of the menu screens to close them.

You should be all set to import in mp3 format...

AWESOME. Will this change the CDs already rimported?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

No, only for what you import after you change the settings.

When I tunes reads the music on the CD, it has to convert it before it can save it on your computer and in your itunes.

So you can start over again, or start where you left off, keeping in mind that the tracks that you already ripped are not universal - can only be played via ituned or an Apple device.

And start keeping your tags up now (how the mp3 is labeled title, artist, track, etc.) I had to go back and reorganize over 3,000 tracks with bad info - not fun.