Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Here - My Humidor
Glad you got everything up and running. I bought the same model several years ago and it is still doing great. I ususally don't put too much water in mine.  That way, the wick lasts longer without molding from the standing water. I usually fill the reseviour about a quater of the way and that last maybe 6wks.

As a side note, the capacity of the humi is impressive. I'm finally getting close to filling mine but I have close to 50box's
This is my second aristocrat. I bought the plus when it first came out. Love it. i put 3 full pitchers of water in it. Been doing this for about 5 years now. I had a mold problem after around 6 months but cured it. I got rid of it by adding about 10 drops of bleach to the gallon of distilled water I use and tossing in 3 to 5 pennies in the set & forget reservoir.

Also adding a few pennies or any spacer underneath the reservior and ensuring it does not lay up against the back or wall will help.
[quote='Jimmie the Mum' pid='112490' dateline='1201051941']
Well, my aristocrat end table cabinet was delivered this morning and of course I have a story to tell. My wife wasn't co -operating as she did not work today. The truck came and the delivery driver helped me put it in the garage. I left it there waiting for my wife to leave so I could un pack it, bring it to the basement and set it up. She knew it was here but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I told her I would get to it eventually. After all, I did tell her it didn't cost much.

She finally leaves the house in the afternoon. I remove it from the box, struggle o get down the basement steps etc. Take the foam off of it and start to shoot some pics. She comes home. I come back upstairs and try to analyze her mood.

She heads to the basement. S.H.I.T the gig is finally up. Donna comes up the steps, looks at me and says" What is that doing in the basement"?

I said, "I told you I would put it in the basement out of the way"

She says: "That's too nice of a piece of furniture, bring it up & put it in the den, come on, I'll help you". Tomorrow go out and buy a piece of plexiglas for the top so you don't scratch it.  That's the story. Here are the pics:

In The Garage, in the box:

[Image: Humidor001.jpg]

In the House before brining it to the basement:

[Image: Humidor004.jpg]

Basement Pics:

[Image: Humidor012.jpg]

[Image: Humidor007.jpg]

[Image: Humidor006.jpg]

[Image: Humidor010.jpg]

[Image: Humidor008.jpg]

Set & Forget System:

[Image: Humidor018.jpg]

And Now back up the steps & in the den:

[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jvcaruso/Humidor/Humidor019.jpg[/img

NICE !!! How long you had to wait for it.? !!!!!
8 to 10 weeks..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Thats a bad ass Humi Mum my man!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
(05-27-2010, 02:47 PM)Medic443stl Wrote: Thats a bad ass Humi Mum my man!

It's my pride and joy..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Lol did it come with your own 24/7 black chopper swat team?
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
NICE!