Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a "reasonable" price guideline for Habanos?
One of those "friend of a friend of a friend" deals.   How do you know what the "going rate" is?
lol, I'm the last one to ask...

My old rule of thumb is if it hurts but not too much (on the order of loosing a lung but not a testicle) then it's ok.

If it doesn't hurt it's fake.

But a better method is just to asked the experts here (of which i am not one-but it didn't stop me from answering Tongue).
Vitamin G Wrote:One of those "friend of a friend of a friend" deals.   How do you know what the "going rate" is?

I guess count on $200-225 or so for a box of the average Habanos.  But Cohibas will generally be double.
US_Tank Wrote:
Vitamin G Wrote:One of those "friend of a friend of a friend" deals.   How do you know what the "going rate" is?

I guess count on $200-225 or so for a box of the average Habanos.  But Cohibas will generally be double.

With the caveat that there is an embargo between Cuba and the US, but I am sure you are asking for a friend in Europe.

Wink

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Well about 15 minutes ago in my local B&M humidor, a man told me that cuban cigars cost $300 a stick.

No lie.

He also told me that they're the biggest, darkest, and strongest cigars you can buy.
He seemed to know what he was talking about...he mentioned that he is an expert.
:?
JoeBob Wrote:Well about 15 minutes ago in my local B&M humidor, a man told me that cuban cigars cost $300 a stick.

No lie.

He also told me that they're the biggest, darkest, and strongest cigars you can buy.
He seemed to know what he was talking about...he mentioned that he is an expert.

lol someone got hosed.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
JoeBob Wrote:Well about 15 minutes ago in my local B&M humidor, a man told me that cuban cigars cost $300 a stick.

No lie.

Did you get his number, I could use some extra cash
US_Tank Wrote:I guess count on $200-225 or so for a box of the average Habanos.  But Cohibas will generally be double.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=9117&forum_id=5

So then Tank says to the guy, he says, 'nice price on the Monte 2s.'  'Nice price on the Monte 2s?'  Oh I tell you Mabel, that Tank . . . what a card.
ColbyPants Wrote:

No lie.

lol someone got hosed.

And it was probably a fake. 
ColbyPants Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:

With the caveat that there is an embargo between Cuba and the US, but I am sure you are asking for a friend in Europe.

Wink

TomC

That a price for when I jog 100 miles to the north into Canada!