Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illusione robusto
i just gotta say it... i'm blown away that the man who made the cigar i reviewed found this thread and replied the way he did. i mean, how cool is this?

thanks for the review, po-dog. i'm definitely gonna review the other sizes when i smoke 'em.
lz6 Wrote:
vudu9 Wrote:Just clearing a couple of things up. These cigars are not a Pepin product. They are  proprietary blends created by myself (Dion aka vudu9) and come out of a subsidiary factory owned by Tabacalera Tropical. 8 of TT's best paired rollers make these in the Tabacalera Valley Jalapa factory in Nicaragua. They are full-bodied cigars that are remenicent of pre-Sandanista cigars circa 1979 in one of the golden ages of Nicaraguan cigar production. The tobaccos in these regions were bold, clean and strong and could stand the test of time through years of age. I wanted a cigar that had all of the characteristics of those cigars and, I think I've re-created that profile through a years worth of trial and error within the illusione line. Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you like them!

Dion

http://www.illusionecigars.com
w
Nice job with the website Dion. I will have to give these a try. And a culebra in the line up will have BDub smiling, he is a culebra freak.  Smile

Yep! I've already snagged a Culebras and a couple other sizes, which are sitting in the humi this moment. Sad to admit, though, that I haven't smoked one yet! Sad I need to fire one up and pay Dion another visit. Been so busy, been a while since I've been in there.

By the way, Bungalowbill, vudu9 has been a Member here for some time. Wink He's a very cool cat here in Reno and his shop FUMARE is the best in town. Now that I've left management and become an agent again, I will have more leisure time to enjoy in there during the day.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
next thing you know, carlito is gonna join under the handle, "opusmaster." Big Grin
HA!!! Wouldn't that be cool?? You never know...
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Bungalowbill Wrote:[user=334]NorcalMark[/user] wrote:
Quote:All nicaraguan filler, binder and wrapper.

seems like almost everything coming out of nicaragua these days is great. let's hope the new commie leader doesn't try to screw it all up again.
Ditto. Well said BB.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
I had an 888 today and boy...home run. I am a fan of the Brown label Tats and Green 601's. The 888 hits all the bases....smooth easy start that builds to great flavor and character for the complete smoke.

This is a winner and will be a huge success.
I plan on a review after a few more but this is one everyone should try.
Richard
Great review

This sounds like a must try.

Will they boost production?
Can someone tell me where I may find the 888?
madurodave Wrote:Can someone tell me where I may find the 888?
PM sent.
Smoked 2 of the cg:4's yesterday back to back and really enjoyed  the experience. 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"