Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illusione robusto
i got a few different sizes of this brand as freebies from mark at tower, and he wanted to know what i thought, so here's what i think of the robusto...

[Image: illusione.jpg]

pretty darn good.

seriously, full flavored, with dark roasted bean flavors, along with that barely-used descriptor... "tobacco." a little chalky on the finish, which is fairly common with real dark maduros these days (similar to an el cobre finish). not overly complex, but a fine and straightforward maduro smoke. great construction and draw, and a pretty cool little band, too. i think this was a special brand made for just a couple of stores, but i'm sure mark can fill us in on that info.

thanks again, bro, for the brilliant service and very high quality bonus sticks.
BB, I got a couple of those as well, I have not smoked it as of yet.  I guess I better get my butt in gear.  Good review
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Dion (Vudu9) is the owner of this particular cigar.

If I am correct, this was the first cigar to come out of the new pepin factory in Nicaragua.

All nicaraguan filler, binder and wrapper.

[user=334]NorcalMark[/user] wrote:
Quote:All nicaraguan filler, binder and wrapper.

no wonder it tasted so solid. seems like almost everything coming out of nicaragua these days is great. let's hope the new commie leader doesn't try to screw it all up again.
Just clearing a couple of things up. These cigars are not a Pepin product. They are  proprietary blends created by myself (Dion aka vudu9) and come out of a subsidiary factory owned by Tabacalera Tropical. 8 of TT's best paired rollers make these in the Tabacalera Valley Jalapa factory in Nicaragua. They are full-bodied cigars that are remenicent of pre-Sandanista cigars circa 1979 in one of the golden ages of Nicaraguan cigar production. The tobaccos in these regions were bold, clean and strong and could stand the test of time through years of age. I wanted a cigar that had all of the characteristics of those cigars and, I think I've re-created that profile through a years worth of trial and error within the illusione line. Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you like them!

Dion

http://www.illusionecigars.com
w
[user=92]vudu9[/user] wrote:
Quote:Just clearing a couple of things up. These cigars are not a Pepin product. They are  proprietary blends created by myself (Dion aka vudu9) and come out of a subsidiary factory owned by Tabacalera Tropical. 8 of TT's best paired rollers make these in the Tabacalera Valley Jalapa factory in Nicaragua. They are full-bodied cigars that are remenicent of pre-Sandanista cigars circa 1979 in one of the golden ages of Nicaraguan cigar production. The tobaccos in these regions were bold, clean and strong and could stand the test of time through years of age. I wanted a cigar that had all of the characteristics of those cigars and, I think I've re-created that profile through a years worth of trial and error within the illusione line. Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you like them!

Dion

w

wow! not often you get the straight poop from the man who made the stick. thanks for the killer background. i've still got a few left, so i think i'll let them sit a while and see how they develop.

and by the way, great work.
Thanks Vudu9 for the info, I look forward to smoking each one of these.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
These sound pretty tastey!
I smoked the 88 lastnight.  The construction was perfect, firm but no draw problems. lit up nice and easy and the burn was pefect all the way through. Dark grey ash which was firm and fell about the 2 inch mark, this cigar only ashed 3 times.  Lots of blue/grey smoke.  I had a hard time trying to figure out the flavors though.  It changed 3-4 times on me.  For sure there was leather, floral and some coffee bean notes but there was something else that I just can't put my finger on.  I have one more 88 and one more of the 68.  I will have to give this another taste test and post another review.  I would give this about a 7.5 out of 10 for now.
vudu9 Wrote:Just clearing a couple of things up. These cigars are not a Pepin product. They are  proprietary blends created by myself (Dion aka vudu9) and come out of a subsidiary factory owned by Tabacalera Tropical. 8 of TT's best paired rollers make these in the Tabacalera Valley Jalapa factory in Nicaragua. They are full-bodied cigars that are remenicent of pre-Sandanista cigars circa 1979 in one of the golden ages of Nicaraguan cigar production. The tobaccos in these regions were bold, clean and strong and could stand the test of time through years of age. I wanted a cigar that had all of the characteristics of those cigars and, I think I've re-created that profile through a years worth of trial and error within the illusione line. Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you like them!

Dion

w
Nice job with the website Dion. I will have to give these a try. And a culebra in the line up will have BDub smiling, he is a culebra freak.  Smile
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"