Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for a new cutter?
The palio has a lifetime warranty you just bring it to any dealer and they give you a new one.
It is not single blade. It has 2 blades.
--Mike
(08-26-2011, 12:36 PM)wtfdic Wrote: The palio has a lifetime warranty you just bring it to any dealer and they give you a new one.
It is not single blade. It has 2 blades.

just saw that on their website... hahaha but ya looks like the palio is going to be a winner for me... looks like it fits good in the hands, lifetime warrenty, and the burl one looks SWEET!
For me the order (of all the cutters that I own) usually goes: 1. Palio, 2. Xikar, 3. Whatever I grab because it doesn't really matter if it is not #1 or #2...

Smile

I'm with the claw gripped Maytagman. I lost my Xikar a month or so ago, picked up a Palio on the Devil and love its cut. Sometimes the cut i got with the xicar looked like a beaver cut it(slight chisel)
No Justice, No Peace!
Another vote for the Palio, although I do find my Xikar Ultra Slim cutter handle the larger ring gauges a little better. Not really a fan of the Xikar tear-drop style cutters, but that's just personal preference. I own one, and can't argue that they're not a quality cutter. I just find the Palio and Xikar Ultra Slim more user-friendly.
PALIO.....There is no other Big Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Mike you are correct about Palio's warranty. The trouble is finding a store that will honor it. For whatever reason Palio has a real problem getting replacement product back to the shops and they (the shops) are now either having customers send the cutters back themselves or just breaking ties with Palio.

That said, I still prefer my Palios over any other.
Drew Estate Bullet Proof cutter, my favorite. Dropped mine yesterday and it is not bullet proof Sad.
Ordered a new one today Smile
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
(08-26-2011, 06:25 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Have you ever tried the V cutter:
http://www.famous-smoke.com/hardwood+v+c...item+15669

You can usually get it on sale for $14.00. I love this cutter.

This is a good quality and economical v-cutter. However, I use my Palió Burlwood the most. You will not go wrong with a Palió or Xikar.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
(08-26-2011, 02:04 PM)nayslayer Wrote: I'm with the claw gripped Maytagman. I lost my Xikar a month or so ago, picked up a Palio on the Devil and love its cut. Sometimes the cut i got with the xicar looked like a beaver cut it(slight chisel)

LOL... gotta love the thumbless pick to show the band! I cannot take credit though, I just brought it here to SC... Brooks at smokingstogie.com is where I learned about the technique.

I have found that with Xikar, it is a little tougher just to shave off the first 1/16" of the cap. Too many people are cutting too much off the cap imho, and the Xikar does not offer the precise control that the Palio does for me. That being said, my Room 101 Xikar is kind of nice... Big Grin