Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been called out at my B&M and not in a good way
(01-06-2011, 08:52 AM)discdog Wrote: Are there any other forum members at your B&M? If yours is like most the answer will be no.
I have found that most of the regulars that come to the shops I frequent don't really know nor do they care to know much about cigars. They have some that they like and if pressed can't tell you why. Unlike the members of cigar forums who want to know everything we can about the cigar and the cigar world.

I have spent hours in shops and never heard cigars mentioned other than maybe someone asking what they were smoking. But the conversations range all over from sports to business to weather. If you are going into a shop like this, they will view your passion as something other than what it is since it's not what they are there for.

Like Dave said, go back in like you normally would and let them drive the conversations. When you want to talk cigars, come back here.

Thats pretty much it, we hardly ever talk cigars at the B&M. Like Skipper said though for someone to call you out on it was a douchey thing to do.
(01-06-2011, 08:31 AM)Domniomaestro Wrote:
Quote:to this B&M but FML...this one
What does FML mean?

F*ck my life - that's been my life for the last 3 months

(01-06-2011, 08:41 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: By the way, what did you say?

Thats the thing...I don't recall saying anything other than I like this cigar and I don't like that cigar...

That's a bummer bro. I think your pretty cool, if that helps! Big Grin

Like you, I don't tend to take that kind of thing too well. No words of wisdom, just saying I've been there.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
I do appreciate it Gus, thanks buddy
(01-06-2011, 11:18 AM)jitzy Wrote: Like Skipper said though for someone to call you out on it was a douchey thing to do.

+2

& The guy sounds like a real a$$hole
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(01-06-2011, 09:54 AM)wtfdic Wrote: That sucks Paul.

I guess just ignoring it is the best action but I know I would have a hard time with that.

I must say from talking with you on here you seem very passionate about cigars and I do not think that is a bad thing at all.

discdog said it best:

(01-06-2011, 08:52 AM)discdog Wrote: I have found that most of the regulars that come to the shops I frequent don't really know nor do they care to know much about cigars. They have some that they like and if pressed can't tell you why. Unlike the members of cigar forums who want to know everything we can about the cigar and the cigar world.

Yup
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I wish I had been there. I would have liked to know how your reaction was to their comments. Pretty sure I know how I would have reacted.

While in a cigar shop, I don't see how talking cigars is a bad thing. Are these hard core domino players that happen to have found a good cigar joint to play dominos in? I say F them.
Never run into anything like that at my B&M. Bunch of nice, down to earth folks. Everyone seems to respect each other as just being people who enjoy tobacco. My response would have been to ask whom they thought they were to judge me. Then a few southern words of wisdom Smile
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
(01-06-2011, 09:04 PM)Bogey Wrote: F*ck my life - that's been my life for the last 3 months

Ahhhh. Thank you for clearing that up.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.