Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I never knew what a Northern Stargazer looked like before
Before I caught one!

[Image: stargazer.jpg]

[Image: South.JPG]

Mine was substantial... around 6 pounds. I'll post my pictures shortly.
thats definatly not a pretty fish
Thats a fish??!!  Confusedhock:
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Hey Skip, throw it back..............Smile
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
LOL that definatley is the ugliest fish I have seen Confusedhock:
Hey Skip you gonna cook it and eat it?Confusedhock:
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Skipper, you say it was 6 pounds, it looks like it's less than 6 inches long, is it really that heavy?
LC stogiechat homebrew gnome Wrote:Skipper, you say it was 6 pounds, it looks like it's less than 6 inches long, is it really that heavy?
I don't think that one in the pic is the one Skip caught.
lz6 Wrote:Hey Skip, throw it back..............Smile
What he said.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I haven't posted my pictures yet... Mine was about 16 inches. Very prehistoric looking.

We kept it alive in the bait well, brought it back for id and then released it.

I had a suspicion (although I never saw one before) that it may be a northern stargazer, and I knew they were capable of producing quite an electric shock so I handled it with great care, never touched it and used a net to get it out of my live well.

Besides that, when you see my pictures you will understand why I never touched it.

(I have to say though the most incredible thing about the fish was it's MASSIVE tongue... I don't think I ever saw a tongue that size on anything smaller than a full grown cow.