Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have a box that refuses to stay humidified.
Has anyone ever had this experience?   I have a box of edge x-outs from corona from many moons ago.  Those raggedy looking ones that'll give you a good splinter.

Anyways the cigars in this box always feel dry and crackle.  I've removed the lid, cracked the lid, moved the box all over the damn cabinet yet everytime these cigars never feel right.  I've even gone so far as to put a heartfelt tube directly next to the box.

All the boxes that have surrounded it all feel proper.  I just don't get it.

I've also experienced this with isolated singles that i keep in trays in the cabinet.  The adjacent cigars will feel fine and then the offender will at times feel dry as hell.

What gives?  Are certains sticks just cursed?

Yes they smoke ok but I'm just curious why they react differently.  Hey anything to obsess over.  I don't need a lot. Smile
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:Has anyone ever had this experience?   I have a box of edge x-outs from corona from many moons ago.  Those raggedy looking ones that'll give you a good splinter.

Anyways the cigars in this box always feel dry and crackle.  I've removed the lid, cracked the lid, moved the box all over the damn cabinet yet everytime these cigars never feel right.  I've even gone so far as to put a heartfelt tube directly next to the box.

All the boxes that have surrounded it all feel proper.  I just don't get it.

I've also experienced this with isolated singles that i keep in trays in the cabinet.  The adjacent cigars will feel fine and then the offender will at times feel dry as hell.

What gives?  Are certains sticks just cursed?

Yes they smoke ok but I'm just curious why they react differently.  Hey anything to obsess over.  I don't need a lot. Smile

If they're smoking okay then just beathe Rob.Wink 

Honestly though, that is a weird one and I've never heard of that happening...  Perhaps these particular leaves or rolling style used cause the cigars to feel that way.  Perhaps something with the roll isn't allowing them to absorb as much humidity.  I have no idea but I'm just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks!Tongue
maybe they're just crappy cigars?

i've had cigars which smoke differently at the same humidity, but nothing as drastic as this.

sounds like something is seriously wrong, cowboy. i recommend you keep a 24/7 crisis watch. have your meals delivered and keep the bedpan handy. no telling when one of those sticks will blow.

Big Grin
Bungalowbill Wrote:maybe they're just crappy cigars?

i've had cigars which smoke differently at the same humidity, but nothing as drastic as this.

sounds like something is seriously wrong, cowboy. i recommend you keep a 24/7 crisis watch. have your meals delivered and keep the bedpan handy. no telling when one of those sticks will blow.

Big Grin
Ya can't tell him stuff like that - He's liable to do it!Tongue
macallan2 Wrote:

Big Grin
ding ding ding.  halway through price's post i'm like ok sounds reasonable.
macallan2 Wrote:

Big Grin
No, he's not liable to do it.....He WILL do it!!  Confusedhock:
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
i only give rob the business on this because i'm a closet perfectionist, as well. it's a constant mental battle to look at all my cigars and say, "they're ok. let it ride. they'll be fine."

a fine line between genius and o.c.d.

Big Grin
Rob when i come down for the Herf i will check out your humidor top to bottom and remove any sticks that are questionable,Don't worry i'll test them and let you know if you have a problem.Wink
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:What gives?  Are certains sticks just cursed?

I think so Rob....I have some dog rockets that you can pore water on them an they will still be rough and dry. Maybe thats the case here.

I will send you some one day so you will know what I mean:dude:
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Tommy2guns Wrote:Rob when i come down for the Herf i will check out your humidor top to bottom and remove any sticks that are questionable,Don't worry i'll test them and let you know if you have a problem.Wink
Good idea Tommy, I'm sure your going to need help evaluating all those cigars, so I volunteer to help. Wink