Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got the job!!
I have been quiet about it, because I didn't want to jinx myself, I am superstitious that way.

I start working at a B&M this upcoming Monday part time. Very happy and excited about this....I know there are some people on here who work at B&M's so any tips or help or what to expect would be appreciated.

Anyway, it's been a year since I became serious about this obsession and now I get to be a part of it.....I just wanted to share with you all. Here is the website if you are interested, there is not much too it and it really hasn't been updated.....I would like to remedy that once I get better antiquated with the staff/owners.

http://mrbscigarbox.com/
Gangsta
That's awesome, congrats!!!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
That's beautiful! Congrats!!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Cool, looks like a nice lounge and I like the Winston Churchills.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Congrats Mickey!
Very cool, thats a nice looking lounge
Very cool
Congrats!!!
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Now that's a cigar worthy accomplishment! Congratulations!
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
Congrats on the new job!

I don't work at a B&M, but I have been around cigars for a couple of days...

A couple of things for you to consider:

Know your product! ANYONE can be trained to punch numbers on a register - it takes a real cigar lover to be able to describe and recommend different cigars, and to describe the differences, etc. You can tell if a person is passionate about cigars within their forst word or two. Also, keep current on the product - smoke everything and be able to talk about them.

Elevate the service in the shop. It is easy to buy cigars for fantastic prices on the internet. You have to justify the price increase by offering exceptional service. I don't shop locally or this very reason... There is not a shop locally that offers exceptional service, and doesn't have a bunch of hacks hanging out there...

Treat the brand new customer you have never seen or a wife looking for cigars for her hubby exactly the same as you treat the regulars that are in their every day.

And all of those douchebag fanboys that think they know it all after smoking cigars for a couple of years and demand that their "brand" is the best over all others... well, you just have to deal with them.... LOL

Big Grin