Poll: Which Humi would you do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Avallo 2000
28.57%
2 28.57%
ARISTOCRAT Plus THC
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't make up my mind
I'm not sure If I want to buy this Humidor

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/aristocrat-plusTHC.html

or this one

http://www.avallohumidors.com/cooled2000.html

So I'm taking a vote.
Which of the Aristocrat were you looking at, is it the temp controlled cabinet. If you have air conditioning seems like overkill to spend the extra on temp control. I like the

M Plus for $1,499 or the 25" deep one for $1,699

or

Mxt For $1,749 or the 25" deep one for $1,899
Keith Wrote:Which of the Aristocrat were you looking at, is it the temp controlled cabinet. If you have air conditioning seems like overkill to spend the extra on temp control. I like the

M Plus for $1,499 or the 25" deep one for $1,699

or

Mxt For $1,749 or the 25" deep one for $1,899
The ARISTOCRAT Plus THC. I defiantly want the climate control, for true set and forget. No worry of Beatles. Big Grin
From what I hear around here, you just can't beat the quality of the Aristocrats in terms of finish, construction, and service . . . but that said, I still voted Avallo---it just looks more fully-featured on the temp-control functions, and I think they have more experience with that end of the market than Staebell.

I don't know about Lawn Guy Land (or New Hampshire, for that matter) but here in South Texas, Keith, it'd definitely be more cost effective to cool the humi than the whole house . . . especially if you're talking a 70-72º target temp. Even at the Avallo's price, it'd only take about two years to pay for itself. Seriously.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
I would highly suggest contacting Bob Staebell or Avallo to get an accurate price.  I was looking into the M+ figuring $2000 at best, all said and done after I had him price out everything I wanted it was $4700.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Not A Nice Person Wrote:From what I hear around here, you just can't beat the quality of the Aristocrats in terms of finish, construction, and service . . . but that said, I still voted Avallo---it just looks more fully-featured on the temp-control functions, and I think they have more experience with that end of the market than Staebell.

I don't know about Lawn Guy Land (or New Hampshire, for that matter) but here in South Texas, Keith, it'd definitely be more cost effective to cool the humi than the whole house . . . especially if you're talking a 70-72º target temp. Even at the Avallo's price, it'd only take about two years to pay for itself. Seriously.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]

In our area I already keep the house at 68-72 in the summer, the average temp in NY hottest month July is 83.5 so it wouldn't be a huge advantage to me.

If you can afford it, temp control is only way to go.

Check out this site I found it in one of my old post. It shows the construction method used in some of the different cabinets.

Look at the construction of the doors, the Avallo uses Medex with Cherry vaneer and the Aristocrat uses solid Oak, Cherry and Maple.

http://morrisxp.cstcis.cti.depaul.edu/humidorguide.html
that's an interesting link keith.  very nice.

i may be reading the chart wrong but i believe both avallo and staebell use medex for the sides and back.  we have a true wood expert here in discdog.  i'd strongly suggest checking with him on woods and their plusses and minuses if this is an important factor for you fish.

in all fairness you're looking at a bmw and a cadillac here.  either way you win.  it's just what's right for you.

there are several threads about this subject and i'd suggest you check them out before making a sizeable investment like this.  there are several strong points pro and con on cabinets and definately all worth considering.

and mark you're 100% correct.  you can get some serious sticker shock when you get an actual quote on these.  $1500+ for a little over 14 cubes is steep.  like the good doctor says figure out how many cigars you can and would like to maintain and then double or triple it. 

all in all fish it's whatever you feel comfortable with after all it's your hard earned coin.  just make sure to enjoy the process.  you ask 300 people you'll get 300 different opinions.  trust me. Smile

best of luck.
i would definitely go with the aristocrat

Cool

-jesse
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:i would definitely go with the aristocrat

Cool

-jesse
ditto.....you cant go wrong with them
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:that's an interesting link keith.  very nice.

i may be reading the chart wrong but i believe both avallo and staebell use medex for the sides and back.  we have a true wood expert here in discdog.  i'd strongly suggest checking with him on woods and their plusses and minuses if this is an important factor for you fish.

in all fairness you're looking at a bmw and a cadillac here.  either way you win.  it's just what's right for you.

there are several threads about this subject and i'd suggest you check them out before making a sizeable investment like this.  there are several strong points pro and con on cabinets and definately all worth considering.

and mark you're 100% correct.  you can get some serious sticker shock when you get an actual quote on these.  $1500+ for a little over 14 cubes is steep.  like the good doctor says figure out how many cigars you can and would like to maintain and then double or triple it. 

all in all fish it's whatever you feel comfortable with after all it's your hard earned coin.  just make sure to enjoy the process.  you ask 300 people you'll get 300 different opinions.  trust me. Smile

best of luck.
I know, I'm just looking for some educated opinions to help me make up my mind. I'm going to call Bob from staebell and Ron from Avallo before a decision is made, but I need to have my questions ready.