Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am well on my way, thanks to all of you
Speaking from personal experience....

I smoked cigarettes for 30+ years. I quit in december on 2008. Toward the end of 2009 I started partaking in cigars. Once or twice I have accidently inhaled, and spent several minutes in an eye watering lung burning coughing fit. I have found that cigar smoke is just so very strong. And while there are nowhere near the additives in cigars that are in cigarettes, I dont think it is generally all that good for you to get such a strong thick blast of cigar smoke into you.
In discussions with some folks at my local B&M, it is more of a relaxation and taste thing, that is more for relaxation and if you are with other people smoking cigars, the companionship that leads to great times.
I am sure that tom of the FOG's will have a better worded response to this question. I'm still a newbie too!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Thank you very much, sounds good to me. Smile
Audiophile, gearhead, geek, & pinhead all rolled into one, who'da thunk it
I know this is likely blasphemy among cigar gurus, but when smoking a milder cigar I like to inhale just a little from a puff from time to time. A full-bodied cigar - forget it; it's too much even for me and I've been smoking Camel and Lucky Strike non-filters for decades.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

I red your story and this makes me very happy, You recognise pleasure. Let me know if i can do something. Alex
If have desire, we can meet in messenger and smoke together, tips..all face to face.
partagas@live.it is my addy. Alex
(08-16-2010, 06:29 PM)Medic443stl Wrote: Glad your making great progress! Will stay tuned to see how it goes Smile
+1 Great stuff Big Grin
This is my boomstick!
What Cigars Did you get ....

I hope you started Very Mild also don't light it if you have no time, they have smaller cigars for that, sit in the chair and don't move because your first cigar its either love or hate no maybe also make sure your first is a quality stick and mild.

If its Love you have to go but wild and try all until you find what you like its been 20 years for me i am a cigar whore i like to smoke different everyday when a friend of mine wont smoke nothing at all except a CAO Mx2

all i am saying its either love or hate so enjoy
Enjoy! Keep us updated.
--Mike
I red your story and this makes me very happy, You recognise pleasure. Let me know if i can do something. Alex

Thank you for this offer. Smile I do not have any cigars yet. I have a few on the way but I have no idea what they are. I want to try different cigars and learn as I go. I am looking forward to that first good smoke. I am a simple person and I want to just sit back and enjoy. I am not really sure what you can do Alex unless you have this huge overstock of items you do not ned or will not smoke. LOL Smile I will certainly keep you updated. This is going to be a great ride, so lets enjoy it.
Audiophile, gearhead, geek, & pinhead all rolled into one, who'da thunk it