Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidor question
What can you tell me about electronic humidors like the one in the link below? I had thought about building a wineador but I need it for our cabin and we turn the heat down when not there during the week. That means the indoor temperature will vary from 45 to 67 deg Fahrenheit in the winter and above 70 in the summer. I am concerned that is too much fluctuation for a wineador so after some research I found this electronic model which sounds like it heats and cools. Any thoughts on how good these work? Thx

http://www.extravaganzi.com/new-1st-clas...-humidors/
"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em."
Ron White
(10-29-2012, 01:51 PM)North Idaho Wrote: What can you tell me about electronic humidors like the one in the link below? I had thought about building a wineador but I need it for our cabin and we turn the heat down when not there during the week. That means the indoor temperature will vary from 45 to 67 deg Fahrenheit in the winter and above 70 in the summer. I am concerned that is too much fluctuation for a wineador so after some research I found this electronic model which sounds like it heats and cools. Any thoughts on how good these work? Thx

http://www.extravaganzi.com/new-1st-clas...-humidors/

I've never seen one of these from this company but I'd like to. It looks well built and with the addition of the climate control built in (although they don't say how or where) it is very good price.

If you get one, please review with pics.
North Idaho,

I have a wine-a-dor in our bedroom here in Chicago. I have a pretty crazy temperature swing in there all year, like freezing in the winter and sweltering in the summer (I know, shocker for the Midwest). With the stat set at 75 our room stays at about 70* all winter long. I never had a problem back in Vegas with humidity and now the thing is producing quite a bit of condensate from the dew point in the air changing. at 70* and 70 RH the dew point is about 67 degrees (I think I am reading this chart right), so the humidity in the air settles on the coil in the fridge and runs down the back of the humidor. I liked it back in Vegas because of the "set it and forget it feel". Here, I am not liking all the condensate collection in the tray constantly. hope my story helps you a bit. cheers

Sal