Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidor Wipe or not
I meant to say that the shelf was directly over cup....Tongue
I meant to say that the shelf was directly over cup....Tongue
No Justice, No Peace!
(12-17-2009, 12:53 PM)BikerSmoke Wrote:
(12-17-2009, 12:22 PM)nayslayer Wrote: I did the boiling water last night also. I just had some concerns with the boiling water cup being almost directly over a shelf. I thought it may cause the shelf to warp a bit

I haven't boiled the water but I suppose it might penetrate real well.
I just use a jug of distilled water from the market and wipe it down
at room temp. Seemed to work good for me.

NOT BOILED, HEATED WATER!

Water warmed to only 110 degrees will evaporate much faster than water at room temp. Further, you should not use heated water to wipe down the humidor. Use room temp distilled water on a clean rag to wipe it down (never use a sponge unless it is brand new & even then, I would not).
The HEATED water is to put in bowls and cups to help shorten the seasoning time (which can otherwise take 2 weeks). If you are concerned with heat warping the shelves above your temporary humidifiers (cups of warm water), then adjust your water temperature accordingly. Just warm it a little. If you have the room, heat it to 180 or above. When I did my cabinet, I also put clean rags under the bowls because they were so large there was a lot of heat and I was concerned about potential damage to the wood beneath it.