Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidor Ettiquette
what the hell is with all this look at my cute little dog crap?  in appropriate places  please.  thanks.

if you think this is hilarious last week i was at my wife's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  fancy hall and all.  whole nine yards. look up from my coke to the next table and blammo there's a chick in a cocktail dress with a dog in her bag.  what the hell?

frankly doing anything no matter how remote that paris hilton does can't be considered normal behavior.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:what the hell is with all this look at my cute little dog crap?  in appropriate places  please.  thanks.

if you think this is hilarious last week i was at my wife's aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  fancy hall and all.  whole nine yards. look up from my coke to the next table and blammo there's a chick in a cocktail dress with a dog in her bag.  what the hell?

frankly doing anything no matter how remote that paris hilton does can't be considered normal behavior.
Ditto!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
What the hell is wrong with this guy, my wife has a little dog and every couple of weeks I take him to the office so that he can hang with the secretaries. When I'm on the road or stopping at my B&M I make him hide in the backseat so that no one can see me with a little foo foo, take him into the cigar shop I'd rather lite my balls on fire.
Keith Wrote:What the hell is wrong with this guy, my wife has a little dog and every couple of weeks I take him to the office so that he can hang with the secretaries. When I'm on the road or stopping at my B&M I make him hide in the backseat so that no one can see me with a little foo foo, take him into the cigar shop I'd rather lite my balls on fire.

if i wanted a pet rodent, i would move into the new york subway system. 

part of my definition of "Dog" is "something i cannot crush to death by stepping on.

yeesh.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
what kind of human being would even think about bringing an animal into a store?...A stuck up, crap don't stink ,lame Kali tree hugger perhaps? LMFAO.If I was the owner, his face would be broken.[pirate][italy][rob]
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:what the hell is with all this look at my cute little dog crap?  in appropriate places  please.  thanks.

Dude ........ something for the weekend?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
[Image: ZiggyorStogie.jpg]

Nothin wrong with little dogs ....... take a terrier rabbit hunting or ratting and see what I mean .............. whats wrong is carrying the feckin things ..... even more so if you are a guy. Evolution will see legs disappear on little dogs, and how creepy will that be?

IMHO the man (and I use the term loosely) should grow a pair for the sake of his testosterone levels.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Haha that's a cool dog Park.
Cigars go in the consumers mouth. There is a ton of etiquette that should be followed.

1- treat them like the consumable they are. Respect the fact that the buyer will be putting this in his or her mouth and inhaling the burning essence

2- never ever put a cigar to your nose unless it is yours. Period! This is a long standing rule that should never be violated but always is. It is considered crass to sniff a cigar in a humidor.

3- Never squeeze a cigar. Period. If you are worried that it may be plugged, then ask the proprietor if he has a policy about this.

4- If you drop it, you buy it. Period. You are the reason it hit the floor where people who just stepped in dog piss are now stepping.

5- Never bring a lit cigar in a humidor. The cedar and tobacco aromas should remain pristine.

6- Avoid over-handling cigars in a humidor. Do not dig past the top row trying to find your personal favorite. Personally, I take a quick scan with my eyes and take one from what I can see without handling them. If I find a damage after I made my selection, I will hand it to the proprietor and get another.

There are more rules, but these are the ones I recall. These are not my rules... well, they are, but I didn't create them. I got them form a book a few years ago.. OK, more than a few.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Cigars go in the consumers mouth. There is a ton of etiquette that should be followed.

1- treat them like the consumable they are. Respect the fact that the buyer will be putting this in his or her mouth and inhaling the burning essence

2- never ever put a cigar to your nose unless it is yours. Period! This is a long standing rule that should never be violated but always is. It is considered crass to sniff a cigar in a humidor.

3- Never squeeze a cigar. Period. If you are worried that it may be plugged, then ask the proprietor if he has a policy about this.

4- If you drop it, you buy it. Period. You are the reason it hit the floor where people who just stepped in dog piss are now stepping.

5- Never bring a lit cigar in a humidor. The cedar and tobacco aromas should remain pristine.

6- Avoid over-handling cigars in a humidor. Do not dig past the top row trying to find your personal favorite. Personally, I take a quick scan with my eyes and take one from what I can see without handling them. If I find a damage after I made my selection, I will hand it to the proprietor and get another.

There are more rules, but these are the ones I recall. These are not my rules... well, they are, but I didn't create them. I got them form a book a few years ago.. OK, more than a few.
great post john!