Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidor
What is it, what does it do, do I need one? I am so confused!!
As I am sure you guys can tell, I am very new to cigars, and I was looking around online. If I want to buy numerous cigars, do I need a humidor? I know I will be collecting sooner or later, but for now do I need one?

How is this one? http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=M-CGHUM1

Help!!

Thanks,

Colin
Colin, I suggest you first go to the New Member thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about yourself etc.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
lol Wink
Hey Colin you will want a desktop and a bigger one for collecting/aging.
Almirante Pirata
I'm sure thats fine colin, but it won't last long, I bought a similar one in august and now have a almost packed treasure dome. Cigars are kinda like collecting baseball cards, but more enjoyable. Smoking baseball cards never tasted so good
No Justice, No Peace!
Welcome Colin!

Like the others have said, you will want something that holds WAY more than 20 cigars Big Grin
This is my boomstick!
This would be a fine humidor for a desktop. However, like others have said you will eventually want something bigger. You can choose to get the big one up front or get the small one and know that you will be soon ordering a second one.

I would also recommend going to a local B&M (Brick and Morter cigar store) and checking out some humidors there. The staff should be able to help you out in understanding what to look for in a humidor, and they may even through in a cigar or two if you purchase one.
(02-22-2010, 09:33 PM)nayslayer Wrote: I'm sure thats fine colin, but it won't last long, I bought a similar one in august and now have a almost packed treasure dome. Cigars are kinda like collecting baseball cards, but more enjoyable. Smoking baseball cards never tasted so good

I've never tried baseball cards. You think the older "aged" ones have better flavor? Wink Babe Ruth Maduro?

Welcome Colin! A quick search of the forum or chat with these guys will tell you everything you need to know about humidors and storing cigars, and a PM to me will help you find the one you need Tongue

BTW, here we all Obey The Mum, so going to the welcome forum is a great idea so everyone can meet you!