Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidity too high. Help!
Skipper,
Thanks, I will remember that.

Oh, I hope I never have to go to N.D. or SD... haha!
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Welcome to Florida! Living in Miami myself I find myself constantly battling humidity issues needing to check all my humidors pretty frequently. At the current moment in my standing humidor I had to actually take out both the humidifiers and the RH is now around 69%.

Hope you enjoyed Orlando, I hear they have some great shops there!
GeeRawkz,

Hi. Thanks.

I was actually at DisneyLAND in Anaheim Ca. I live north of there. We had a business conference (which was amazing). Then Disney & body surfing at laguna Beach.

The summer before last I was in Orlando and stayed at the Disney Swan Hotel, which I liked quite a bit. I could definitely feel the humidity there. I can sympathize with you, trying to keep the humidity down is harder than getting the humidity UP!
Ari,

My mistake I apologize. Definitely keeping the humidity down is a real pain. In the standing humidor going to try a bead system approach to keep my cigars at 65% RH after having to take out the xikar humidifiers due to the RH getting up to 75% which just about have me a heart attack haha.
Yeah, I would go with the Heartfelt 65% beads. I had posted you on the other thread concerning this.

Bryan Glynn with Cigar Obsession in FL. keeps his at 65%
Thanks for the tip, definitely going to try going that route! Thank you!
Welcome. Good luck! Let me know how it works out. I love those Heartfelt beads, just don't saturate them, mist them lightly with distilled in a spray bottle.
If your humidity is too high, how is adding a humidifying device going to help?
There is some science that would suggest that adding anything designed to hold humidity at 65% and putting in an environment that is currently at 70, that it may help to lower the humidity... but then DO NOT WET IT! If you want the beads (or whatever other satin-born system you are using) to lower your moisture, then why would you add water?????

There are chemicals designed to lower humidity. The most popular is silica gel.
(check this out http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1500D-Desi...silica+gel)

to my knowledge, short of an electronic dehumidifier, this is the only way to lower your humidity.
Adding beads, adding wet beads will certainly not help. Possibly adding dry beads. It depends on the salt content (no, not table salts)
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I was using

In my xikar

So I thought these would act in a similar fashion as beads since it states in the solution maintains a 70% RH. Is my thinking not correct?
Just to clarify the solution claims to maintain at 70% RH which I think is similar to what beads would do depending on the RH type you buy