Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humi Help again
I have a 600 count 3 draw humidor and on the bottom shelf i have a cigar oasis [the larger one ] on the bottom shelf in front of the CO i have a fan and
Hygrometer was just salt tested and is reading 74.

2nd shelf has a no fan and the hygrometer is reading 70

3rd shelf [Top} is reading 68 with a fan

I have more Problems with this humi it has glass doors and i put insulation around the door also put a magnetic closure on the door , I can never get this regulated even all 3 draws maybe its just me that i am looking to have all the hygrometers the same number

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/ite...itch/38134 These are the fans i bought

Thanks again
I would consider placing supplementary humidification on the top self. A shot glass or beads or a brick should do the trick.
Buy a cooler.
I also have 2 coolers
(02-05-2010, 05:51 PM)SenorSmoke Wrote: I would consider placing supplementary humidification on the top self. A shot glass or beads or a brick should do the trick.
This is sound advice. I would also consider turning down the Cigar Oasis so that the humidity on the bottom shelf is not quite so high.

I am partial to beads, as it is harder to regulate RH with open water.
the top 2 shelves are fine, wouldn't be worrying about 68 and 70. it's the bottom shelf that's a little high. are any of the shelves more full than the others? it may just be a matter of redistributing your sticks around so they are even. if you've already done that, you can try putting some spanish cedar strips or something on the bottom to suck up that excess. do you have one of those little cedar trays made for the oasis? those help too. and lastly, how do you fill your oasis when it needs more water? i was told the proper way to do it is to soak the thing in distilled water for a while, then shake it dry. if you're just dumping water in the little holes, theres a good chance you have some standing water in there, which is increasing your humidity on the bottom.
Great stuff here
1- I always soak the COs
2- i am going turn the CO Down right now
3- i added some beads to the top shelf but it seems to be doing nothing
4- i was gonna put cedar but i didnt want to block the slots under the trays

Thanks for all the great info
(02-06-2010, 04:06 PM)jam Wrote: Great stuff here
1- I always soak the COs

i wouldn't bother with beads on the top shelf. 68 is perfect. it's on the bottom shelf that i would put them, in hopes they bring that 74 down a bit.
(02-06-2010, 04:50 PM)scott81425 Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 04:06 PM)jam Wrote: Great stuff here
1- I always soak the COs

i wouldn't bother with beads on the top shelf. 68 is perfect. it's on the bottom shelf that i would put them, in hopes they bring that 74 down a bit.
Agreed.

Also, you need to be patient as RH changes should be (and usually are) gradual. Move the beads to the bottom shelf and give it several days.