Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohiba Esplendidos
Sorry, long story...

I went by one of our village greens (a group of small stores in a local strip), to pick up some Chinese food for lunch today, on my way home from Lowes.  There is an old, small mom & pop type of grocery store there too.  I haven't been in it since I was a kid.  It's now like a Quicky-Mart type of store, mostly lotto tickets & beer.  But I noticed it had a sign saying they had were now stocking cigars.  So I went in to take a look.

They had a small humidor, maybe 2/3 the size of my tower, but with sliding glass doors (locked).  I noticed it had a Cigar Oasis Magna, like I have.  It was stocked with some Acids, R&J, Ghurka's, Macanudos, etc.  Just general stuff, nothing special or interesting, that I was looking for, until I saw the top right shelf. 

It was a box of Cuban Cohiba Esplendidos, a complete bottom row & 5 on top.  The box looked real, in my limited experience, & from my angle, as it was above my head, and tilted. 3 of the 5 on the top row, inside he box, looked like the wrapper was coming a little loose in spots.  I could not see the bottom row  The other 2, from what I could see looked okay.  The band, from the angle & the distance looked sort of okay, but I thought there were too many rows of the background boxes & I couldn't get a good look, but something looked off.

I talked a little with the person working there, asking if he knew how old they were, date code, etc.  He knew nothing.

They were priced at $14.99...about 1/2 price of what you could legitimately online.  So either they are fake, or the guy doesn't know what he has.

I have limited experience with Cohibas in general...out of my price league.  But at $14.99, I'm intrigued.  The box did have the stamp on the front left, but I didn't think to get the number off it to verify it.  I'm thinking of doing that tomorrow & maybe sacrificing $14.99.  I plan to take some good pics of it.  I'm 99.99% sure it's a fake.

More on this tomorrow.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Interesting for sure..Hopefully, more info on the way.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Fugazi. I’d bump your 99% to 100% sight unseen.

?

Hey Jan, any more on this story?
(05-10-2019, 07:59 AM)Magnum PI Wrote: Hey Jan, any more on this story?

No, sorry, I got a little tied up in a few other things. 

But I'll try to get the code of the box & maybe pickup one.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I'm going to see if I can get over there tomorrow.
(05-10-2019, 07:59 AM)Magnum PI Wrote: Hey Jan, any more on this story?

I went by this afternoon.  I had one of my sons with me.  We planned to just get a pic of the box.  We were the only ones in the place & the person working there followed us all around the store & when we left, we could see him watching us through the window, all the way to our car.

Place gave us both a bad vibe. 

Store looks like it is set up to look like they sell beer, lottery ticket, some vape stuff, and CBD oils.  I'm not sure what they are really selling.

I did manage to get a pic.  I'll post it later when I get it off of my phone.
Okay, here is the pic, along with a couple of blowups:

And here is the Habanos Link verification result, of the box code:

I almost want to place an order for one....Smile
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Those are hilarious... lol