Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to select a cigar?
What steps should we keep in mind while choosing a cigar?????????
Try them all LOL
Smoking cigars is just like everything else in life...preference. I began smoking mild to medium sticks and my tastes have evolved into a more robust and powerful choice of stick. As Joe jokingly stated, "try them all." Get a couple of sticks in the vitola (size) in which you are comfortable with and take it for a ride. Don't always give up on the first try because at times you will enjoy a stick more the second time around. Also, keep a small diary of the cigars you smoke, keep track of a cigar's attributes as well as its shortfalls. You can always go back to that little book and refresh your recollection of how you felt and how it tasted at the time you tried it. I hope that I have been able to answer your question, if not, keep asking and the BOTL on this board will chime-in in no time.

Good Luck and enjoy your smokes!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
Steps to choosing a cigar:

1. Open humidor
2. Look around for a cigar
3. Close humidor
4. Open Second humidor
5. Look around for a bit
6. Close second humidor
7. Open wine fridge
8. Look around for a bit
9. Close wine fridge
10. Go back to one of the other humidors and look again
11 Finally some time later I have a cigar in hand

Really sucks. I need to come up with a better way. I waste so much time. And forget about packing for a herf.
--Mike
I have a hard time choosing myself..with anything for that matter...type of cigar, type of beer..and wife too for that matter.. Just ask her..lol
No Justice, No Peace!
Generally, I know what most of my "usual" sticks taste like. So once I decide that I have the time to enjoy a cigar, as I head to my humi/cooli, I pretty much decide what I am doing to smoke, based off my mood, available time, distractions, stresses, and time of day. Then I pop open the humi or cooli, and pull out what I have decided on.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
It all depends on what jumps out at you when you go to pick one out.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I also started this hobby buying mild/medium smokes....5 packs, boxes, shipping containers...LOL !!! Very quickly my tastes developed in wanting stronger, full flavored smokes. If I could pass any of my still evolving knowledge on to someone newer than me, I would recommend buying nothing larger than 5 packs for 6 months or so. I stocked up on mild smokes that are just laying around now. Not they are bad smokes, but they are not what my taste buds want now & it's very hard to go back !!!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(04-06-2011, 08:25 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Steps to choosing a cigar:

1. Open humidor
3. Close humidor
4. Open Second humidor
5. Look around for a bit
6. Close second humidor
7. Open wine fridge
8. Look around for a bit
9. Close wine fridge

Really sucks. I need to come up with a better way. I waste so much time. And forget about packing for a herf.

I remember those days! Lol. I don't have that problem anymore!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(04-06-2011, 07:08 PM)Mark Wrote:
(04-06-2011, 08:25 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Steps to choosing a cigar:

1. Open humidor
3. Close humidor
4. Open Second humidor
5. Look around for a bit
6. Close second humidor
7. Open wine fridge
8. Look around for a bit
9. Close wine fridge

I remember those days! Lol. I don't have that problem anymore!

no now you have to play jenga
--Mike