Poll: How much do you spend in beverages per cigar?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
$0 - I only drink water
0%
0 0%
$1 - I'm a cheap date
0%
0 0%
$2-$3 - I'm not a snob but I'm not drinking water
33.33%
4 33.33%
$3-$6 - I like the drink as much as the cigar
41.67%
5 41.67%
$6+ - I only drink the best
25.00%
3 25.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does your Cigar Drink Budget affect your Cigar Budget
I have a possibly lame question for everyone.  How much does your cigar accompanying beverage budget affect your cigar budget?  I am only asking about the beverages your enjoy with a stogie, not what you drink without smoking. 

I smoke with either a crappy light beer (around $2), a Millstream Rootbeer (around $1.50), or a Starbucks style latte (around $3.50).  I usually go with the rootbeer, so I average around $2 in beverages for every cigar I smoke.  It got me to thinking that if I just drank water I could be smoking a $5 stick instead of a $3 stick, or a $10 stick instead of an $8 stick.  In the end the drink adds enough in my mind to be worth it, but it got me to thinking about what everyone else does.  Being on somewhat of a budget, the truth of it is, the fact that I spend $2 more per stick because of my beverage choice has a decent impact in what cigars I smoke. 

So, per stick, what do you spend in beverages?  Also, does that have an impact in your cigar budget?

Brad
Budget, whats a budget?

Tongue

I usually drink craft beer or port with my stogies, so it's usually in the $4-$6+ range.  All depends on what I grab.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
My gun budget affects all my other budgets.   I have so much alcohol in my house from entertaining that I cannot put a number on it.

I love a beverage when I smoke.   Sometimes its coffee, sometimes, Coke or Coke Zero, sometimes its A&W Rootbeer, sometimes its a beer and that depends on stock on hand.  I try many beers.   And sometimes I love to sip a scotch or good rum and I always have ample supply on hand.
Interesting question but I have no clue as to what I spend per cigar.  I do like a beverage with my cigar but will usually choose a nice root beer or a cocktail.  My guess would be $3-$5 per drink on average due to the alcohol.  It really doesn't affect my cigar budget at all though.:?
Huh. Interesting question. I've never really put a $$$ value on it before. Usually I drink good bourbon, rum, or Scotch in the $30-50 range . . . and mix 'em fairly strong. [lol]

I have no idea what it comes to but picked the spendy one just to be on the safe side. A weekend can easily see a fifth demolished and 7-8 cigars torched around here.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
A lot of the time I just have a coke zero with my cigar, if I want a mixed drink with my smoke its usually just Captain Morgan and the coke zero.  But recently I have started trying a variety of beers and am starting to get hooked (last thing I need, another wallet drainer) but I usually don't venture out of the $2-$3 range . 

Good question btw
Im entirely too random with what I drink when, if at all when smoking when I do smoke, so I have no idea.  I do know I haven't bought a bottle of liquor yet this month.  [pimp]
What i drink depends on the time of day, and the cigar I'm smoking, and the conditiions in which I smoke it.  If it's after a long day at the shop, I'm going to grab a good smoke, and a libation I enjoy.  Like now, I'm smoking a prerelease Cusano LXI with a year of age on it, after lighting, it begged to be smoked with some Ron Zacapa.  usually it goes that way, I let the cigar tell me what will go best with it.  Of course, if I'm smoking a yard gar, it's usually with water or a Diet Pepsi Max or something along those lines.  If I'm at a large gathering, but not really a HERF per se, it's usually a good beer like a New Castle, or a Sam Adams, or lately, a Yuengling Black and Tan

For the record, my defacto libation of choice is Four Roses Single Barell, that stuff is like candy to a baby, I can't get enough[bravo][bravo]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Djaric Wrote:Im entirely too random with what I drink when, if at all when smoking when I do smoke, so I have no idea.  I do know I haven't bought a bottle of liquor yet this month.  [pimp]

... but with my recent alcohol buying bing I voted $3-6.
Tongue
Usually coffee.  I get a pound of fresh roasted coffee for $10.  That makes about 30 presses, which equates to about 100 cups of coffee. 

10 cents a cup.

pretty economical.