Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How did you start smoking?
In senior school when I got a part-time job.
Samsung j5 covers
Cheap samsung accessories
Many moons ago I started hanging out with a guy who always brought cigars to our get-togethers. I got drunk enough at one of our BBQs (around 2000-01) to try the old Davidoff Private Stocks he had brought with him. I ended up enjoying them and then went on a cigar research binge for months trying everything and anything I saw. I've been hooked since.

My early favorites were Punch Rare Corojos, Camacho Corojos, CAO Criollos, La Gloria Serie R Maduros, Padron Anni, and everything Fuente.
Smile 
I have not started it yet but thinkingb to start...
My grandpa used to smoke Roi Tans way back in the day and after he passed I bought a cheap cigar at a liquor store as a way to remember/mourn and I've been smoking ever since
(11-30-2016, 05:51 PM)The_Bearded_Buda Wrote: My grandpa used to smoke Roi Tans way back in the day and after he passed I bought a cheap cigar at a liquor store as a way to remember/mourn and I've been smoking ever since

Thumbsup Excellent way to keep the memory of your grandpa.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
One of my friends helped me to start smoking
I started by having the need to find the best stress reliever.
(07-30-2017, 10:26 PM)dongreg Wrote: I started by having the need to find the best stress reliever.

Thumbsup
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
A friend of mine in the RAF used to smoke something truly obnoxious - I have no idea what the brand was but I recognise now his cigars had a very dark madura wrapper.  You knew where he had been by the stench of his cigars lingered - in the olden days smoking cigarettes was forbidden on duty but cigars and pipes were often considered ok.  Then, many years later at a BBQ my brother lit up a Cuban R & J . . .  and the aroma was amazing!  I hadn't realised that a cigar could smell so good!  Been searching for a repeat of that aroma ever since
This thread has been running off and on since 2010 and I suppose is one of the longest running on the board. I'll add my response.

When I was in high school in the 1950's we all smoked cigarettes. Mine were Luckies rolled up in the sleeve of my white T-shirt James Dean style. I smoked cigarettes and occasionally cigar for twenty years then gave them up when I was about 35. After a long absence, and after putting on a lot of weight, I decided to start smoking a pipe. I like the taste and aroma of pipe tobacco and still do, but found all the paraphernalia of pipe smoking inconvenient. So I switched back to cigars about 5 years ago, and have enjoyed them very much - and lost a lot of weight. My mission in life is to find a good cigar for under two dollars. There are a few good ones out there.