Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homebrew Humidors
I'm in the market for a new humi, but I was wondering if any of you kind forum members have some homebrews you can show off? I'm thinking about using a styrofoam cooler as a humidor seeing as I have a few kicking around. I know there are other websites that have covered this...but I like you guys, you know...The Mum, The Ash of Evil, and even that guy Tafdom.
As always, keep on smokin'...
Josh on YouTube
Not sure a styrofoam cooler would work real well, since the seal on those are not typically very good. Spend $40+ on an igloo type cooler and you will be much happier.
Homebrews????

SURE!

[Image: 100_3955.jpg]

[Image: 100_3534.jpg]

lol....

Go the cooler route man..Since I had to give up the fridge, I think I'm going to get a cooler going some time in the spring. I have seem them in action, and do a fantastic job!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
(02-10-2010, 06:15 PM)ashman Wrote: Not sure a styrofoam cooler would work real well, since the seal on those are not typically very good. Spend $40+ on an igloo type cooler and you will be much happier.

Listen to Ty. There is even a sticky in the Cigar Help Thread about customizing a cooler. Check it out.
http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-12536.html

You copuld also PM Steve047 as he has them stock piled in his basement.Smile
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(02-10-2010, 08:17 PM)Hunlock Wrote: Homebrews????

SURE!

[Image: 100_3955.jpg]

[Image: 100_3534.jpg]

lol....

Go the cooler route man..Since I had to give up the fridge, I think I'm going to get a cooler going some time in the spring. I have seem them in action, and do a fantastic job!
I was waiting for someone to go that route! LOL! Also, I see you have some Hobgoblin Glasses I enjoy that ale quite a bit...
As always, keep on smokin'...
Josh on YouTube
The Hob is awesome!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
if you're also not in too big a rush, you might wait until a big outdoor type weekend (memorial day) as they put those suckers on sale for a great price usually. and if you want the giganto one, usually they go on clearance after hunting season.
(02-10-2010, 06:00 PM)joshskorton Wrote: I'm in the market for a new humi, but I was wondering if any of you kind forum members have some homebrews you can show off? I'm thinking about using a styrofoam cooler as a humidor seeing as I have a few kicking around. I know there are other websites that have covered this...but I like you guys, you know...The Mum, The Ash of Evil, and even that guy Tafdom.

You asked for it, this is my creation. Its a WWII (For you young peopple-I am 48, that means World War 2) Coca-cola soda machine, humidor. I have recently ordered some MAC brushes and will soon learn to sign paint to make it complete because the decals sucked and I refused to use them.

Its currently at 71 with beads and no system is currently needed. I say currently because its winter and summer around here is dryer and that may actually help me, as I prefer 65-67.
aND THIS IS THE ROOM ITS IN. i DONT SMOKE IN HERE, BUT ITS GREAT TO DRINK IN.

RUMBLON

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I never get tired of seeing pictures of that.

Josh, go the Igloo type cooler route, or get a wine fridge. Either one works great.
(02-10-2010, 08:29 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(02-10-2010, 06:15 PM)ashman Wrote: Not sure a styrofoam cooler would work real well, since the seal on those are not typically very good. Spend $40+ on an igloo type cooler and you will be much happier.

Listen to Ty. There is even a sticky in the Cigar Help Thread about customizing a cooler. Check it out.
http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-12536.html

Agreed, and best of luck Josh!
This is my boomstick!