Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy cow are real pizza after 3 years !!
Okay you nothern guys may not belive this but I have not had a pizza that even ranks as decent in Texas since i've been here. I have found great Italian food but never that good brooklyn pizza, if it was not for the fab tex-mex and bbq I would have made a trip to NY just for pizza. Well tonight I have found an authentic ny pizza in Austin , TX .. now my life is complete. You never know what you have till you lose it is so true !!! This was advertised as a pizza with a Jersey attitide I was not sure if that ment the delivery boys could not drive worth a crap or if the pizza smelled realy bad, but it ment it was great pizza !!! 
Glad you found a good one to make you feel like home. Personally, I never met a pizza I didn't like.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Never been to New York, but there was this little hole-in-the-wall place in downtown Spokane, David's Pizza, that did a NY-style pizza . . . pizza oven from Italy, old Italian family dough recipe, and great big fold 'em in half slices of giant pies . . . damn, it was good. Best one was "Pesto a la David," with roasted peppers and a big swirl of fresh, made on the spot pesto sauce.

I really miss them. Macaroni Grill does a wood-fired that's excellent, but I know what you mean---once you've had a masterpiece, Papa John's just doesn't cut it anymore.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Nuthin' beats a good pizza!  I love the stuff Punch neopolitan pizza puts out.  I've got a joint just up the road that does a good pie with fresh mozzarella.  I wouldn't eat Domino's/Pizza Slut/Papa John's if you paid me!  Just can't stand that stuff.  Still eat frozen pizza a lot of those late nights though.Big Grin  Some things just never get old!Tongue

Glad you found your joint.
If anyone is ever in New Haven, CT make sure to seek out Pepe's Pizza.  Better than anyting I have ever had in NY. 
Dude.... good pizza dosent exist outside of NYC. Period. End of story.

I'll FedEx you a pie. Big Grin
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:Dude.... good pizza dosent exist outside of NYC. Period. End of story.

Mike, make a trip to New Haven.  I will send you my address for the Fed ExTongue
ashman Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:Dude.... good pizza dosent exist outside of NYC. Period. End of story.

Mike, make a trip to New Haven.  I will send you my address for the Fed ExTongue
I thought New Haven was in NYC? Big Grin
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]

Please guy!!!!!!!

2 words...............Pizzeria Regina

Head over to the North End, order up a Lg Cheeze with xtra oil, nothing better.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:

Please guy!!!!!!!

2 words...............Pizzeria Regina

Head over to the North End, order up a Lg Cheeze with xtra oil, nothing better.
Mahk, are you kidding me? No where in this country is there better pizza then what we have right here in New York. Ask anyone who has lived here, I'm sure you will hear the same thing. Now stop drinking Koolaid. Tongue