Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Smoke #3: Bolivar Gold Medal
[Image: pi_3865.jpeg]

Size: 165mm (6.5 inches) X 42

MSRP: about $13

Construction: Beautifully presented, if a bit awkward to unwrap. I wasn't really sure HOW to get the foil off, but elected to start at the cap end and managed to get this well-made, nut-brown, triple-capped beauty out of all its festoonery . . . despite the smaller ring gauge, it punched beautifully.

Prelight Aroma: nuts, spice, and "twang."

Burn/Draw: Burn was even, with a few minor OCD touchups along the way. I relit once, but that was because I was watching UFC and got distracted. Big Grin Draw was firm but smooth.

Overall Smoking Experience: I found this a woody, earthy, peppery smoke. Excellent flavor, which became more and more intense as the smoke progressed. Slightly complex and very satisfying.

I think it will only become better and better with a "long winter's nap."

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Nice review...they do look good.  Smile

Do you always punch?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Usually. I clip torpedoes and chisels, but punch anything that's bigger around than my punch. I like the draw better that way.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Great job man. I always punch too.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Nice review, I happen to like these a lot. Only tried one, and have set the rest aside to rest for about a year before I try another. I think these will age real well.
Great review!  Thanks for taking the time to do it!  I actually think they are good right now but I too am resting the balance of mine.
I had one of these and I loved it.  From the presentation, to the feel, to the taste, just great - but I am a Boli (and Partagas) whore.

Great review.  Love the pic too.
That is such a fantastic cigar. One of my most memorable smoking experiences of the year. The difficult part is keeping my hands off the rest.
Thanks NANP. Funny about the wrapper. Skipper had one Saturday and when he took the wrapper off there was a slight hole in the stogie.

I love to punch and V cut.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
The German release 05's are beginning to smoke very, very well. 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"