Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Herf in Parkster Land
Cool, can't wait...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore

It took 9 years

But we finally met up in the end
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why

Fitting in quite comfortably as Lord of the manor

This was the position Mrs P and I found Bob as we were shown to the library where Katie and he were relaxing when we arrived for dinner
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Unbelievable!!!

Who would of thought BobGun would be the first one to visit Parkster..

I can't wait to complete that one on my bucket list with Mrs. Mum. 
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Awesome!

Bob and Katie are good people, no other way of putting it.

Mrs P and I were very fortunate to meet them, for as short a time as it was due to my current contract commitments.

They were super excited about being in Scotland and Katie was all wide eyed about visiting some of the ruined castles we have dotted around. I'll leave Bob to tell you more as this is his thread and his adventure, but I'll add that they took the sunshine to Aberdeen when they arrived as we had terrible snow storms right up until 48hrs before they were due, and when they left they took the good weather with them .... The temperature dropped from 8 degrees to -5.5 today, so I'm hoping they continued to keep the sun on their travels.

"Haste ye back" as we say here.
Very cool! Would love to make that trip someday.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I must admit to looking at airfares after reading this thread... someday...

I just got back from the trip and herf in Scotland.  It really wasn't a true herf as we couldn't smoke in the Manor Library.  We did exchange some fine smokes and had some great single malts.  What a fun experience to meet up with Parkster and Mrs. P in their home land.  The place they picked out for us to stay was a grand old manor house.  There were even working servants bells for each main room of the place. (They were not in use now.)  Excellent food. They told us of several castles near by to go visit (from ca 1100 AD).  If it were not for Stogie Chat I would have never met such a great BOTL on the other side of the world.  Instant friendship and Mrs. P is so nice.  Parkster had to work the next day but the short time we had together was great.   Scotland was beautiful even in winter.  ( Best time to visit- hardly any tourists).   A few days before we got to Aberdeen they had some snow but it melted away. The distant hills were still covered so the colors and contrasts were stunning. The good weather followed us around.  The day we saw Dave it was frosty in the AM but sunny and got up to 47 degrees.  The day we left the temp. dropped to 23.   We toured through a few distilleries.  Couldn't really sample the wonderful "water of life" as I was driving (on the wrong side of the road) and there is a zero tolerance for drinking and driving in Scotland.  They even have a chart that points out if you have had too many drinks the night before to drive in the morning!  Picked up a couple bottles of Whisky you can't find in the US. 
Scotland was  unexpectedly beautiful.  Edinburgh is rated as the 4th best city in the world. Rich history and fantastic pubs. Stood on the 18th green at St. Andrews Old Course walked across the Swilcan bridge. ( for you golfers) Drove to Loch Ness ( Nessie was away on holidays). Viewed the Eilean Donan castle where the movie The Highlander was filmed.  The west coast around Oban was also stunning.  The architecture and history in Glasgow are a must see.
Now to go and reflect on the trip with one of the great smokes and a fine dram that Parkster so graciously bombed me with.   Thank you Dave!
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
Very cool Bob, I'll be seeing Parkster Thursday night when he lands at JFK.

Will you be posting any pics?
Honorary Shield Brother