Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with a Boxcode
Ginseng Wrote:Thanks guys. Hey, I have a question for you all.

Is there any way I can turn off avatars and sigtags? I'm probably the only person in North America still using dialup and loading animations at 28.8 is just killing me. I

Wilkey
Wilkey... I bought up this issue to the admin and will get back to you on this

MD
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Wilkey,

If you use firefox.  Right click on any image and click "block images from Stogiechat".
Thanks Mike and Wingo. I'll give it a try. If at some point in the future, can I turn back on those images? They're laying Verizon FiOS in my development and I think we might actually take the jump when it's ready.

Oh, that would handle the avatars but not the sigtags, right? Those seem to be loaded from the users' image hosting sites.

You know what, don't make too much of a fuss. I'm probably the only person with this problem but I usually go right to my control panel and turn off avatars and sigs.

Wilkey
Ginseng Wrote:Thanks Mike and Wingo. I'll give it a try. If at some point in the future, can I turn back on those images? They're laying Verizon FiOS in my development and I think we might actually take the jump when it's ready.

Oh, that would handle the avatars but not the sigtags, right? Those seem to be loaded from the users' image hosting sites.

You know what, don't make too much of a fuss. I'm probably the only person with this problem but I usually go right to my control panel and turn off avatars and sigs.

Wilkey
Yes, you can turn them back on.  Click tools, then options.  Under "content" there is a small box check marked that says "load images autmatically"  to the right click "exemptions".  Everything you have ever blocked will be there. 

Hope this helps.
bump for macallan.  hope they are good for ya.  i've got a few boxes aging now and that was an extra i picked up cause i got a good price.  you gonna leave em sealed or open em up?