Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help in quest to find that perfect cigar
I would like to seek the recommendations of other members on this forum.  I've been smoking cigars for about four years now and have settled on mild to medium flavored cigars as my favorites.  However, I'm still trying to find that "perfect" cigar, which I would attempt to describe as follows.  Take a Macanudo Gold Label, but give it an even milder, preferably sweeter taste, and all in a large ring size and six inches or longer.

I have not found such a cigar to date, and I'd be happy to try any recommendations.  I have tried flavored cigars, but find that they are far too saturated with whatever flavoring is added, and so typically taste disgusting.  Also, they all seem to have very small ring sizes and smoke too hot.  The cigar I'm looking for doesn't have to be flavored, but if it were I would want it to have just a hint of flavor.  At any rate, I welcome all suggestions.  Thanks.
I dot' think you can get any milder than aMacanudo, for sweeter try a Baccarat
[welcome]  I'd try Don Diego, in particular the Anniversario line.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Welcome![welcome]

Try any size Leon Jimenes.......regular or maduro........mild and tasteful
Any regular La Aurora's
Davidoff has some great mild cigars as does Avo.
Ashton cabinet maybe...maybe too strong for ya,but worth a shot.There aged maduro line should yield sweeter results.
Torano casa torano
Gran Habano #1's
Gispert maduro's...maduro cigars will give you a more sweet flavor.
Rocky Patel 1992 or 1990...........sweet and smooth,let alone mild.
Sherpa by torano and K.Hansotia(gurkah) should be mild and tasteful for you.
the griffin's are mild
Zino Connisures
Playboy
Fonseca's regular line

Try to stick with mild maduro cigars and you may find peace and happieness upon mild cigars without being a flavored variety.

Enjoy and let us know what ya decided you liked.

interesting you've got my mind going now.  something about those mac golds.  very unique flavor.  can't say as i've found it anywhere else.  weird too as I like sledgehammers but the somersets are just wonderful.

my opinion would be to stick with them and to quote two other fine botl's here try the dd aniversario and the dd playboy.  both very nice cigars.  mild but very nice. almost butterscotchey.
I'd recommend trying the Zino Mouton Cadet, Montecristo White Label, and RyJ Anniversario lines . . . mild, good complex flavors, very well made. More nutty than sweet, flavorwise, but they just might fit the bill.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Welcome![welcome]

When I want something super mild I'll go to a Leon Jimenes. Also the LFD's that just say premium on the front of them as well. I will smoke one on a rare occassion but mainly keep these around for the occassional cigar smoking friend because they don't kick your butt like some of the others. 
lumbergh Wrote:
Cigar Penguin Wrote:Welcome![welcome]

When I want something super mild I'll go to a Leon Jimenes. Also the LFD's that just say premium on the front of them as well. I will smoke one on a rare occassion but mainly keep these around for the occassional cigar smoking friend because they don't kick your butt like some of the others. 
Yes.  LJ is my favorite mild cigar also.  Good stick.  Haven't tried the maduro though.
Davidoff are one of the better mild-medium body smokes out there(try the special,clasic and thousand series). Also try the CAO black, Gispert natural or maduro and Rocky Patel Connecticut..
[welcome][welcome] there brother!! You have recieved a lot of good suggestions. Now your assignment. Smoke two of each of these, and report back to us on how it went!

That is only if you are still alive of course!!