Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, new to Cigars
Harrison, welcome to StogieChat. The Oliva G that CJ mentioned is awesome and a must try. Also, look into these: Macanudo Cru Royale, an H. Upmann (mild to med.), Romeo y Julietas are mild to medium, E.P. Carrillo has some nice mild to mediums, as does Padilla. Look for Connecticutt wrappers. Ask away.

Where about Cali are you?

Doug from Central California
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Welcome aboard Harrison, Josh in WI. Personally, I would recommend antything from CAO, I have not had anything bad from them.
Hi, and welcome from south central PA!

There are lots of cigars out there, and most have a unique flavor profile. If you're on the mild side, the Perdomo Lot 23 natural or maduro are both excellent smokes. Also, you could look into the Macanudo lines....many types to choose from. CAO has many lines as well, the Gold, Maduro and La Traviata (and La Traviata Maduro) and Padron series, are definitely in the solidly medium range, as is the Rocky Patel 1961, Royal Vintage, and connecticut lines. Nestor Miranda, 5 Vegas Gold and Gold Maduro are all great medium cigars. Rocky Patel Edge, Cain F, Cain 550 Maduro, 5 Vegas Cask Strength, CAO LX2 and MX2's are all full bodies. Most anything with a Habano wrapper, is going to be medium/full and spicy.

This is not a complete list....but should get ya started....Smile
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Thanks for all of the recomedenadtions! I am located in southern California in the suburbs of Los Angeles. Canoga park to be exact!
Harrison, welcome from New Jersey. Before you do anything make sure you season that humidor if it wasn't active.

What size is it etc.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Hi and welcome from California... the Modesto area...

Welcome from Seattle.
I like smoking lightning
(10-29-2011, 12:38 AM)hrapp31 Wrote: Thanks for all of the recomedenadtions! I am located in southern California in the suburbs of Los Angeles. Canoga park to be exact!

Born and raised in the Long Beach/Seal Beach area, but I now live in Modesto. Welcome again and ask any questions you may have...lots of wisdom on this board.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Welcome Harrison!
This is my boomstick!
Welcome to the brotherhood. if you are just getting started, I would suggest going to one of the reputable cigar sites and start with some samplers. it will give you a good variety and if you don't care for one particular stick you don't have a lot invested. I personally like just about anything from Toranos. really like the "Masters" Blend. PDR's and for a cheap everyday kinda smoke. Quorums "Shades" are decent for the price at around 1.50 to 1.75 a stick if you buy them bundled. They are also a good cigar to give to your "Mooch" friends that haven't got a clue wether they are smoking a King Edward or a Cohiba.