Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From South Alabama
Music 
Hello everyone!! I've been lurking for a little while and I've already learned quite a bit!! Now for my life story:

I discovered cigars about 11 years ago when a friend and his wife had their first child. Instead of handing out cheap "It's a Boy" cigars, he gave a few of us Perdomos. Until then, I hadn't smoked anything. In fact, I really had a pretty low opinion of cigars. But as we stood in the hospital parking lot and lit those cigars and started smoking, my opinion was changed. I didn't realize it at the time, but I had started down a very slippery slope!!! I started trying every cigar that I could get my hands on.

Fast forward to February 2009. I had an accident and lost my left leg. Along with altering my life physically, it also changed my life financially. I could not return to the job that I had. I had to give up my cigars. Any expense that wasn't absolutely necessary had to go.

Things are getting better now and a couple of weeks ago, I picked up my first cigars (2 Casa Toranos and a Nub Maduro Tubo) in over 2 1/2 years!!! I was like a kid in a candy store in that humidor!! It was the first time that I had even been around cigars since my accident. My next "shopping spree" will be at Cordova Cigars in Pensacola, Florida!!

Sorry about the long post!! I look forward to interacting with everyone here!!

Bryan

By the way, I smoked the Nub Maduro Sunday night in honor of Dan Wheldon. It was an awesome smoke!!
Philippians 4:13
Good to have you Bryan, welcome to Stogie Chat. Good choice on the NUB Maduro, what a great way to get back into it! I've never had any Casa Toranos, but I've been meaning to try one sometime.
Welcome
--Mike
Where in South Alabama are you? I'm in North FL (Tallahassee).

Welcome!
Welcome Bryan!!!

--Steve from NE PA Smile
This is my boomstick!
Hello from Long Island!

Nice intro!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Welcome from Virginia !!!

I think you'd like any NUB, but the Maduro & Habano are my favorites!!!! Also try the Cain Nubs when you're back into stronger smokes too !!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Welcome from Southern Arizona. Great intro and great handle! Ask every question that you have and you won't be steered too wrong. lol
Git R Dun!
Bryan, welcome from New Jersey and what a great sense of humor you have.

Tell Robbie and John from Cordova cigars the Mum says hello.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-18-2011, 01:54 PM)blacklabel Wrote: Where in South Alabama are you? I'm in North FL (Tallahassee).

Welcome!

I live in Citronelle. It's a small town about 35 miles north of Mobile.
Philippians 4:13