Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello everyone, I'm new to stogiechat and the cigar smoking world. I had my first cigar during a close friend's bachelor party. That was over 3 years ago now, but I didn't start smoking more until recently. Mostly it's been relegated to special events and guys nights but I'm making an effort to learn more. I just bought a humidor and am begining to collect cigars.

I was born and have always lived in Minnesota, right now we're begining to have a snow storm and we should get 16-20 inches in the next few days. I work for a university and am studying for my masters in business.

Well that's a start, but I'm looking forward to sharing more about myslef and becoming a part of this community. If you have recommendations for a beginner smoker send them my way.
[welcome] Metatron! Enjoy your stay and welcome to the SC World. As a beginner, the best thing to do is smoke a variety of sticks...different brands, different flavor profiles and strengths to really see what you like. You don't always have to go after the most famous brands or the most expensive to think that will be the best. I had plenty of $4.00 smokes that were better than $12.00 sticks. So try a handful and we're here to help!

ps...get your shovel ready and good luck with that snow! Tongue

PiPs
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Welcome Metatron, you'll find a great group of people here with a vast amount of cigar knowledge.[welcome]
[welcome]

Plenty of great folks here always willing to help fuel the "hobby".

MAN it's a tough question on recommendations for a beginner.  Pips hit it on the head to try a lot of stuff and then go from there but I'd add, once you find one you REALLY like work around that one.  If you like Maduro wrappers initially then find a few maduro wrappers and get a feel for how much the blend can make every cigar very different.  I'd suggest any of the Padron 1000 series with a couple each of the maduro and natural wrappers.  You just can't go wrong with that cigar. 
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Headley is right...find your taste and learn all you can about it to get others that are similar.

and [welcome]To Stogie Chat

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
 and Pips said it all, just remember to sit back and enjoy the moment
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
welcome
[welcome]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Thanks for the welcome all! This looks like a great community and I appreciate the suggestions. Just smoked a perdomo reserve cabinet series and boy was it sweet!
I am jealous, I would rather have the snow than all this rain, making slush of last weeks snow.  Bleg.

oh and [welcome]!

glad to have you aboard.  good people here, one and all.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool