Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
He going to Prison
This is my former Assistant General Manager who I caught stealing at my last hotel job. I am shocked that he is going to serve any time. I am pretty happy about it though. I hope "Bubba" gives him a warm welcome.

http://www.theday.com/article/20100624/N...0/-1/NWS02

By Karen Florin

Publication: The Day
Published 06/24/2010 12:00 AM
Updated 06/24/2010 02:26 AM

An East Lyme man who stole $40,000 while working as the assistant general manager for a Montville hotel was sentenced to two months in prison Wednesday in New London Superior Court.

Matthew Morton, 42, told police he was addicted to pain killers and alcohol and "in a daze all the time" when he began stealing from the weekly deposits at the Microtel Inn & Suites. He has since repaid his employer.

Morton begged Judge Susan B. Handy to spare him from prison, saying he has stopped drinking and "everything in my life is starting to come back together." His new employer and wife spoke on his behalf, saying he is a good worker and a devoted husband and father.

Morton had faced up to six months in prison under a plea agreement worked out between the state and defense attorney Gregg W. Wagman. The judge said Morton was entitled to some consideration, but that prison time was necessary in order to send a message to other would-be thieves.
They should give the 40K to you for upsetting your life when you did NO wrong.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Damn Ty! Justice sucks sometime. But you are through with this chapter. Roll on my friend.
Yea it's over Ty but I'm sure it brings a slight smile to you. I know it did for me..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I know it is over guys, and I hadn't really put much effort into thinking about it as of late. My cell phone was exploding yesterday or else I probably would not have even known.
TY, as long as your life is back in order.
Yet again, proof that it exists.

Those 2 months in jail are payback, I feel sorry for his wife and kids, but on the other hand, he had no thought for you and your loved ones so the shame of their heart ache is on his head and I hope that it eats at him for the next 8 weeks.

Patience TY, the good Karma from this is just around the corner for you ..... buy a lotto this weekend Wink
Parkster, I might just do that. If I win I will be generous with the SC Family....
F Karma!! What the hell did I do wrong in my life but to extend my hand and myself to everybody I met. ARRRGH

(06-25-2010, 09:59 AM)Parkster Wrote: KARMA

Yet again, proof that it exists.

Those 2 months in jail are payback, I feel sorry for his wife and kids, but on the other hand, he had no thought for you and your loved ones so the shame of their heart ache is on his head and I hope that it eats at him for the next 8 weeks.

Patience TY, the good Karma from this is just around the corner for you ..... buy a lotto this weekend Wink

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Prison may not be long enough but those long hours of tube action will make it painfully long enough.