Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard work pays off
Just got a call from my oldest friend and found out he just got accepted into the first med school he applied to.  He interviewed Monday and already found out he was accepted.  I will raise a toast and light a nice smoke to him this evening and start looking for a congratulatory cigar I can give him when I see him at deer camp in a few weeks.
congratulations
[bravo2]Great news
man that is awesome.  Makes it sound so easy...to bad hes sounds like one of the luckiest sons of b*tches out there.

[irish1][guiness]
davidwys Wrote:man that is awesome.  Makes it sound so easy...to bad hes sounds like one of the luckiest sons of b*tches out there.

[irish1][guiness]
He is lucky, he wasn't supposed to have an interview with a school until December but he got a call last week from a school and they had a cancellation and gave him 2 days notice for the interview.  We went to school together our freshman year and lived together and he is honestly one of the hardest working people I have ever met and he really taught me and inspired me to do well in school and set my standards high.  He is definitely deserving and I suspect deer camp this year will look a bit like the ND herf Tongue
Congrats to him!   And seeing friends in deer camp is always fun.  Deer camp for you is nothing like Tank's deer camp.  Not saying mine is better or worse, but different.

Deer camp is usually a solo expedition before my little bro and other relatives get involved in the situation.  Here its minus 5 degrees and no snow...........................

[Image: IMG_0017-1.jpg]

That is my deer camp!  

Here is my playground full of snow just a few miles away!  Minus 22 this day.  Windchills around minus 50.  Damn I love desolation!

[Image: Oct2003213.jpg]

[Image: Oct2003203.jpg]

[Image: Oct2003205.jpg]

When I am out in my camp in a few weeks Caleb, I will have a smoke in your honor.  And to your friend also.
Your deer camp is a lot different (thought I was hardcore for staying in a cabin with no electricity lol).  I love coming into camp from the woods to friends and family almost as much as actually getting out there and hunting.  You have amazing land out your way and I can't help but envy you.  And I will definitely have a smoke in your honor at camp as well Daryn.  Let me know if you want to make a little big buck bet Tongue
-55 and the lake isn't frozen solid??? You been peein in that thing after a binge? Wink