Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Habanos and Libation
I get together with a good buddy on Thursday evenings for a herf. Last night was especially memorable.

First off: Cohiba Siglo VI
[Image: cohiba_siglo_VI_tubo.jpg]
The cigar was toasty and spicy with medium body. Mine burned well. The ash was firm and the burn line thin.

With the Siglo we imbibed a nice Francois Peyrot XO (25 yr) Cognac. This Cognac is very smooth with licorice and butterscotch flavors.
[Image: francois_peyrot_xo_cognac.jpg]

Next up: Punch Super Robusto: 2006 Regional Edition (Asia Pacific). With the Punch, we quaffed a Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges (30 yr) Cognac.
[Image: pierre_ferrand_punch.jpg]
We found this cigar to be much fuller in body and flavor than the Cohiba. Of course, it is very young, but that didn't stop us from enjoying its youthful zest. This was an excellent match with the 30 yr PF. The Cognac was very full with an incredibly long finish.

We also enjoyed a Trinidad Fundadores from 2004. It was rich with chocolate and spice flavors. The draw and burn were near perfect.

Yep, pretty decent evening....

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
http://www.StogieFresh.com
Sounds to me like a great evening Doc!!
nice paring up Doc.....but aside from liquors....what is the rule of thumb when it comes to figuring out what to drink with your smoke

if its creamy do you get something creamy also??????

if its spicy do I drink Tapatillo???????????
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
sergione Wrote:nice paring up Doc.....but aside from liquors....what is the rule of thumb when it comes to figuring out what to drink with your smoke

Hmmmmmm... sounds like this may be a Stogie Fresh 5 topic. Stay tuned.....

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
http://www.StogieFresh.com
Classy, as usual, Doc. Thanks for sharing.
cool......I hear it every sunday...cant wait till it airs.......whenever that my beBig Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
sergione Wrote:nice paring up Doc.....but aside from liquors....what is the rule of thumb when it comes to figuring out what to drink with your smoke

if you like the pairing, then its a good one, lol

Rule #1

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Nice
Doc is the man!!!! What a herf!!!! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro. You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Wow Doc, looks like a good time was had with those cigars and cognac how could it not
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.