Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Habano Chariman Cigar by Pedro Estevez
From me:

Today I will be reviewing the Habano Chariman Cigar by Pedro Estevez. This is the last of the four cigars that were sent to me for review from Habanos y Hermanos. Here is the info from there web page.

Chariman Cigar  - 6 1/2 x 58 

Medium Bodied - Wrapper Habano.

Brand: Pedro Estevez

Shape: Chairman

Flavor: Medium

Size:  58 x 6 1/2 "

Pre-Light:

This is a fine looking, very well constructed cigar with a slightly toothie, chocolaty brown wrapper showing some minor veining and finished off with a nice triple cap that clipped easily with my XiKar cutter. I noticed a pungent barnyard smell it’s oily wrapper leaf and a bit if a musty taste on the easy pre-light draw.

Post-Light:

After an easy light with my Rocky Patel triple torch this smoke started out mild with just a hint of nuttiness, It quickly developed a Spanish ceder spice and just a touch of sweetness. The ceder spice and sweetness worked together in a way that reminded me of cinnamon. By about the midway point the strength had settled in on the mild side of medium and the flavor was just a little more than mild. I had to correct the burn several times and had to re-light once down toward the end. 

Conclusion:

Due to the poor burn I didn’t NUB this one but I have to say that I did enjoy the flavors this cigar had to offer. Having only smoked one example of this stick I certainly would not write it off. Given the pleasant flavors I would rely like to give it another shot and see if the next one would burn a little better. At and average price of $1.48 I think this cigar is well worth a try.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Joe: (jsaucedo)

Chariman Cigar - Bundle of 25 - 6 1/2 x 58 - Medium Bodied - Wrapper Habano.

Brand: Pedro Estevez
Collection: Habano
Shape: Chairman
Flavor: Medium
Size:  58 x 6 1/2 "

The epitomy of a cigar. This cigar comes to you bare. The wrapper is a nice firm leaf thick in nature with a very rustic look of lacquered leather. Oily, and veiny. The cigars imparts a cedary flowery bouquet with a nutty earthy flavor on the prelight draw.

This cigar like the other Pedro Estevez cigars is not tightly rolled and is a great candidate for a punch instead of a cutter. The draw is an easy draw, that will bring a wonderfull smoke to you.

The burn is less than straight but it never once got out of hand. I must admit I did let the cigar go out on me. Well OK my fault I was working on Windows machine for a friend of mine. But hey the good news is this. When I relit I never once got a bad taste.

The thick creamy bluish smoke caries with is a taste of citrus, caramelized sugar hints and just a shade of lavander. Needless to say I nubbed this baby down and was truly sad when the smoke was no more.

In review, The Pedro Estevez line has many good cigars in it and well worth investigating, as the price per stick is outrageous!