Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H. Upmann Magbum 46
.[Image: magnum%2B46.jpg]

5 5/8" x 46, Cuban Corona Gorda

I realize I have already written a chat style review of this cigar, but it is such a good stogie it deserves the formal work up too. So without further ado, the Magnum 46!!

Construction: As shown in the picture above, this is one very pretty looking cigar. Smooth and tan and firmly packed, uniform throughout the whole stick. It just a fine example of cuban cigar construction.

Pre - Light: Clipping the cap yielded a firm but forgiving draw. A quick draw yielded sweet ans earthy notes. Its a great preview of what is to come.

Burn/Draw: I had a bit of trouble with this one at first. Through the first half of this cigar, the burn was uneven. It was not horrible, and it did not seem to detract from the experience, but it was there. Also the cone seemed a little longet than it should be. These problems seemed to resolve themselves over the second half, and became a non-issue.

Flavors: From discussion with folks more experienced in the ISOM world than I , it seems the hallmark of a great cuban cigar is development and change throughout the stick. This cigar had three distinct parts. The beginning was rich and creamy and sweet, like an earthy clover honey, and molasses coupled with the earthy farmyness that is the hallmark cuban note. Also a tangy, kinda citrussy note. A third (to a half) of the way in the musty earth notes burst to the front with oaky woodiness as well. Peppery spice and added strength. Over the last third it mellows and sweetens out again, but retains spice, cinnamon and gingery instead of black pepper. Needless to say, great all the way through. Smoked it down to the teeniest nub.

This really doesnt need a summary. If you can find some, buy them! If you have some, SMOKE THEM! You will not be dissapointed.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
nice review on a great great stick tomzo.
oyyy....that stick sounds like a great smoke....

I MUST FIND ONE!!!!!

[party4]
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:oyyy....that stick sounds like a great smoke....

I MUST FIND ONE!!!!!

[party4]
it's a standard as far as cubans go jesse.  well worth the investment.
I kinda thought the same....fairly inexpensive...all i needed was a review of the cigar(colbypants) and a recommendation (robfather).....thanks guys[rob]!!
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:I kinda thought the same....fairly inexpensive...all i needed was a review of the cigar(colbypants) and a recommendation (robfather).....thanks guys[rob]!!

creating more cigar junkies, on review at a time. . . 

Wink

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:I kinda thought the same....fairly inexpensive...all i needed was a review of the cigar(colbypants) and a recommendation (robfather).....thanks guys[rob]!!

Wink

TomC
lol.  i can't take credit for nothing.  every cigar i've ever come to love started with a tip from lz, mikey, headley, mark, skip or discdog. 
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:

Wink

TomC
lol.  i can't take credit for nothing.  every cigar i've ever come to love started with a tip from lz, mikey, headley, mark, skip or discdog. 
and now you have recommended one for me....the torch has been passed..

ohhh and rob.....keep an eye on your mail....Wink

Stands and Looks Back Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:

Wink

TomC

nah these guys know they're shit.  i'm just a groupie.  Smile
Stands and Looks Back Wrote:
ColbyPants Wrote:

Wink

TomC

nah these guys know they're shit.  i'm just a groupie.  Smile
LOL....[lol]