Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenhouse gasses
Hell, I've never been convinced that the human spiecies will exist on earth more than a few hundred more years, if that.  Just a passing biological anomaly, gone wrong.....Sad
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Beerlord Wrote:it's junk science. There is no way of know what the earth was like 1000 years ago and wether or not this is part of it's norma cycle.  25 years ago they were trying to tell us we were reverting to an ice age,. They cant' accuratly forcast the weather inthe next 5 hours, they can barly tell us what happened inthe last 5 hours. Just liek everythign else, there is somboy wiht an agenda slanting the "facts"

I tend to agree with you BL, but I wouldn't really call it "junk science". More like "best guess". Not enough data samples to predict anything of real significance. Chaos theory gone amok is more likely. Even during trend analysis, some data points just don't jive and have to be discarded from the sampling. (It doesn't mean those facts didn't exist.)  (Std. dev., mean values, etc.)

1000 years, compared to the age of the planet is just the blink of an eye. IMHO, of course.

(Sorry Rob....Wink)

BTW... Has anyone ever read about "Pole Shift Theory"?

If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:
Beerlord Wrote:it's junk science. There is no way of know what the earth was like 1000 years ago and wether or not this is part of it's norma cycle.  25 years ago they were trying to tell us we were reverting to an ice age,. They cant' accuratly forcast the weather inthe next 5 hours, they can barly tell us what happened inthe last 5 hours. Just liek everythign else, there is somboy wiht an agenda slanting the "facts"

I tend to agree with you BL, but I wouldn't really call it "junk science". More like "best guess". Not enough data samples to predict anything of real significance. Chaos theory gone amok is more likely. Even during trend analysis, some data points just don't jive and have to be discarded from the sampling. (It doesn't mean those facts didn't exist.)  (Std. dev., mean values, etc.)

1000 years, compared to the age of the planet is just the blink of an eye. IMHO, of course.

(Sorry Rob....Wink)

BTW... Has anyone ever read about "Pole Shift Theory"?
JR, I don't think you want to know about my Pole Shifting!!!!!!!!!Wink
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
PO Wrote:JR, I don't think you want to know about my Pole Shifting!!!!!!!!!Wink
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  [lol]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Skip I believe that the GW alarmists have an agenda just like everyone else. Most of these guys are the Greenies, you know "save an animal, kill a person" types. I have read studies that say one volcanic eruption puts more CO2,sulfur, Hydrocarbons, and heavy metals into our atmosphere than mankind has done in total since the Industrial Revolution started.

Look at what Mt. St. Helens did back in the early 80's, I saw the affects of that in PA within a week of it blowing. The doomsayers then said ST. Helens would be devoid of all life and a barren moonscape for hundreds of years. I was there 2 years ago and saw more wildlife and some of the most scenic areas that I have ever seen. If these are the same guys crying wolf now, why shouldn't I doubt what they say?

The Amazon? I was in high school in the 70's, we were forced to take an Ecology class. These same "Experts" were saying then we were depleting the forest at a rate of 5000 acres a day. Thirty years later it's now somewhere around 10,000 acres a day. Will someone please do the math, I can't see how we are still destroying something that doesn't exist. Hell by my calculations, they ought to be up around GreenEyed Monster about now. Pete, Tell them to stop. They are melting the polar caps!
Junk science? Maybe. Slanted by their own agenda? Probably. Will I take their word as gospel? Never.
lz6 Wrote:Hell, I've never been convinced that the human spiecies will exist on earth more than a few hundred more years, if that.  Just a passing biological anomaly, gone wrong.....Sad

I'm right there with you Bob!  Got my boots and Snake Pliskin motorcycle jacket all ready for the armageddon. 

A lot of girls said not if i was the last man on earth.  well i'm waiting for the day when they have to put their money where their mouth is.
Rob The Long Island Cowboy Wrote:
lz6 Wrote:Hell, I've never been convinced that the human spiecies will exist on earth more than a few hundred more years, if that.  Just a passing biological anomaly, gone wrong.....Sad

I'm right there with you Bob!  Got my boots and Snake Pliskin motorcycle jacket all ready for the armageddon. 

A lot of girls said not if i was the last man on earth.  well i'm waiting for the day when they have to put their money where their mouth is.
I have the tattoo's and the eye patch Rob, and now that I know where my jacket is!!!!!!!. Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
discdog Wrote:Skip I believe that the GW alarmists have an agenda just like everyone else. Most of these guys are the Greenies, you know "save an animal, kill a person" types. I have read studies that say one volcanic eruption puts more CO2,sulfur, Hydrocarbons, and heavy metals into our atmosphere than mankind has done in total since the Industrial Revolution started.

Look at what Mt. St. Helens did back in the early 80's, I saw the affects of that in PA within a week of it blowing. The doomsayers then said ST. Helens would be devoid of all life and a barren moonscape for hundreds of years. I was there 2 years ago and saw more wildlife and some of the most scenic areas that I have ever seen. If these are the same guys crying wolf now, why shouldn't I doubt what they say?

The Amazon? I was in high school in the 70's, we were forced to take an Ecology class. These same "Experts" were saying then we were depleting the forest at a rate of 5000 acres a day. Thirty years later it's now somewhere around 10,000 acres a day. Will someone please do the math, I can't see how we are still destroying something that doesn't exist. Hell by my calculations, they ought to be up around GreenEyed Monster about now. Pete, Tell them to stop. They are melting the polar caps!
Junk science? Maybe. Slanted by their own agenda? Probably. Will I take their word as gospel? Never.

This is where I disagree...

GW is now entering mainstream science. There are no agendas here and the government has a bearlord-like opinion... Against the GW phenomenon. It is good science and it is serious. The amount of gas thrown into the atmosphere by Mt St Hellens is roughly equal to 3 months of a typical US output... The average natural Gas drilling station emits over 600 tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere each and every day... How many natural gas wells are there?

These are not tree huggers, it seems that more and more scientists are agreeing with this once controversial theory.

Trust me, I'm no tree hugger. Not by a long shot. I run my A/C when I'm not home, I toss my beer cans in the ocean.. I have an average respect for my planet. This just seems serious.
HEY.,..............stop throwing your beer cans in the ocean!TongueConfusedhock:Big Grin

I use them as teasers when trolling.I dont drink on the boat anymore..............I get way too dehydrated....well,that and the fact I dont have my boat anymore,lol.
neither do I... I used that as a metaphor...