Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graycliff Cigars
Why are they so expensive.
Ruggy Wrote:Why are they so expensive.
Because they are made by the creator of the Cohiba brand.  Suppose to be high quality.  I'll spend my money elsewhere.
I think they limit the production and have marketed them as a high end cigar so they can charge a high price.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
From off the top of my head, here is what I recall about Graycliff:

They are produced in a micro-rolling operation at the Graycliff Hotel in the Bahamas. Very good quality and taste, but not manufactured in amounts that would achieve the economies of scale necessary to be price-competitive. They are sold to guests at the hotel, and also sold in limited quantities elsewhere.

Perhaps it is this rarity that boosts value, but the cost is more likely due to the cost of creating them. Yet, they really don't have to sell them, and there is very little supply. I'm sure that they do not have trouble disposing of every cigar they make. So, I guess they can charge what they want for them.

Certainly, you can get a comparable cigar for less. Notwithstanding, I'm glad that I have a Graycliff cigar in my humi. I'm looking forward to trying my first.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I would pay no more than 6$ for any of the Graycliff line anything more is just not worth it in  my opinion. I have a few of the Expresso and a couple of the white label ones and was not overly impressed with either one. They are good for a change of pace but won't be buying anymore.
Ive only had one graycliff, and i think that one is my last.  I wasn't all that impressed with it.
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

I smoked an Expresso Elegante I received in a trade. I enjoyed it....[smokin2]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Would these be along the same lines of quality/availability as Davidoffs? I seem to put the two in the same category, granted, I've never had one of either. As far as "reputation" goes I guess...
The Expresso Pirate is one fine smoke. It ain't worth the dollars though.
I like the Espresso Pirates about as well as I like a VSG torp.  I would (and do) pay about the same for them at $12.  It's a rare cigar that can get me to part with more than $15, though.

Oh, and to the question, why are they so expensive?  I dunno.  Marketing, probably.