Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good To See Jose Offerman Being So Wholesome
http://www.connpost.com/breakingnews/ci_6623997

BRIDGEPORT — The game between the Bridgeport Bluefish and Long Island Ducks was delayed in the top of the second inning Tuesday after Ducks shortstop and former major league All-Star Jose Offerman attacked Bluefish starting pitcher Matt Beech. Both Beech and Bluefish catcher John Nathans were injured by Offerman, who was struck by a pitch and rushed the mound, swinging the bat at Beech. Offerman was later arrested.

Offerman, a former Bluefish, homered on the first pitch of the game by Beech. An inning later, Offerman was hit in the area of his left calf by an 0-and-1 pitch. He immediately charged the mound, wielding his bat in his right hand. Beech, who had his arms outstretched in an attempt to defend himself, was struck on the fingertips of his pitching hand as both benches immediately emptied.

Nathans was in the middle of the sea of bodies coming to the aid of Beech. Offerman struck Nathans in the back of the head with his backswing.

Nathans left the game at the conclusion of the inning with a possible concussion. A member of the Bluefish front office said that Nathans was suffering through nausea in the dugout.

Members of the Bridgeport Police Department converged on the Ducks clubhouse once order was restored on the field. Offerman was ultimately arrested, while Beech and Nathans were taken to an area hospital to be examined. Offerman, who appeared in 98 games for the Bluefish in 2003, Beech and Bluefish manager Tommy John were ejected. Offerman can expect to face a lengthy suspension and possible banishment from the league.

Former Bluefish third baseman Dee Jenkins was banished from the Atlantic League for his involvement in a brawl at Long Island on Sept. 18, 2001, and former Newburgh Black Diamonds pitcher Earl Steinmetz was banned after shoving umpire Adam Gladstone to the ground in an altercation in 1998.

what a dumbass.

TomC

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Looks like Offerman was doing his best impression of his fellow Dominican Juan Marichal :?
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
if he could hit a pitch like he can hit a pitcher, he'd still be in the big leagues....

jerk
MikeD Wrote:Looks like Offerman was doing his best impression of his fellow Dominican Juan Marichal :?

The difference is Marichal was a good player, though.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
MikeD Wrote:Looks like Offerman was doing his best impression of his fellow Dominican Juan Marichal :?

lol my thoughts exactly.  somehwere johnny roseboro is cringing.

reminds me of my favorite offerman joke from his sox days. 

q: how do you spell offerman?

a: with two f's and 25 e's.