Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold hit $1667 today
Terry! Presidents get too much or too little credit for debts. Newt and the House actually balanced the budget in 1995.
Subsequently we are blaming BO a little too much when Pelosi and the House had not passed a budget in 2 years. Any cuts made by the House today are not passing the Senate. The Senate does not want to cut anything.
(08-04-2011, 01:34 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Subsequently we are blaming BO a little too much when Pelosi and the House had not passed a budget in 2 years. Any cuts made by the House today are not passing the Senate. The Senate does not want to cut anything.

True stuff Tank. It's ignorant on our part to blame everything on one man whether it's a president, a greenspan/bernanke, a barney, etc. The majority of them do not have my best interest in mind when passing policy and their bills are pushed because those bills placate the lobbyists/supporters of that party.

Democrats' power = welfare/healthcare policy and support from lowerclass.
Republicans' power = tax cuts and support from large Corporations and upperclass.

Of course that is a generalization but I find it to hold true at our current time.
(08-04-2011, 03:34 PM)buster Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 01:34 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Subsequently we are blaming BO a little too much when Pelosi and the House had not passed a budget in 2 years. Any cuts made by the House today are not passing the Senate. The Senate does not want to cut anything.

True stuff Tank. It's ignorant on our part to blame everything on one man whether it's a president, a greenspan/bernanke, a barney, etc. The majority of them do not have my best interest in mind when passing policy and their bills are pushed because those bills placate the lobbyists/supporters of that party.

Democrats' power = welfare/healthcare policy and support from lowerclass.
Republicans' power = tax cuts and support from large Corporations and upperclass.

Of course that is a generalization but I find it to hold true at our current time.

....Jeffrey Immelt, the CEO of General Electric.....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I personally want everyone to be successful. I do not believe in endless entitlements. And I want all Americans and business to keep a greater majority of the money they earn and profit from. It the American way. They worked for it. I don't envy yacht and jet owners nor do I participate in classless class warfare.
(08-04-2011, 01:27 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Terry! Presidents get too much or too little credit for debts. Newt and the House actually balanced the budget in 1995.

I'm going out on a limb here but I do 5+ hours a day research on the market, stocks and stats. Had you looked at the link I posted you would see the years in of the balances and who was at the helm. It was actually Bills first term .07 then 9 points in 97 in his second when he getting a BJ.

I still feel that the pres in in charge and it falls on him. Like it or not the Clinton years were one of the best on record. If you remember I started a post that I just couldn't vote for the first time in my life. The lesser of 2 evils election. BO is FING Moron! I know you go grocery shopping too and buy gas to get there.

Our lawmakers caused our stock crash this time. In just 10 days we lost 1341 points and 513 just today. Stats stats and more stats.

Are we ready for the second part of our double dip recession?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

The House however never approved of Clinton's budget. They voted for a budget that cut from Clinton's plan. As for me it does not matter who was at the helm. Budgets approval/denial goes thru the House. Now Obamacare also went thru the House first but we all know BO pushed Pelosi there and she was a pushover for it. But she is to blame for the spending the past two years.
The average yield for the S&P 500 Index is 2.0%. The average yield of these ten stocks is 4.0%.

MO- Altria Group Inc-5.77% Consumer Staples

AEP- American Electric Power Co. Inc.-4.96%-Utilities

BMY- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.-4.67%- Health Care

CVX- Chevron Corp.-3.04%- Energy

KO-Coca-Cola Co.-2.75%- Consumer Staples

LLY- Eli Lilly & Co.-5.25%-Health Care

INTC- Intel Corp.-3.85%-Information Technology

KFT-Kraft Foods Inc.-3.38%-Consumer Staples

MCD-McDonald's Corp.-2.85%-Consumer Discretionary

PM-Philip Morris International Inc.3.66%-Consumer Staples
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I own 4 of those. It's the divs that draw me to all mine but 1. It's gonna be an UGLY day with a lot of buying ops for a good shopping list.
The best out of this it that gold is UP like a murf and I'm going to sell what I have left I think. Hope it's a better day than it looks.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

It was a great gold day! May have to have another cigar! Its late but what the heck?