Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuente Fire
Funny, I often see them smoking on rolling room floor. Seems like an unsafe practice. Almost like smoking in a firework factory...almost. lol
No Justice, No Peace!
The smoke from that fire must have been heavenly !!!!!
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Of course this will drive the prices of their cigars up. Its all about how to shaft the customer/enduser. They'll call it something nice, but thats what its all about.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(08-25-2011, 10:48 PM)tafdom Wrote: Fuente Jr. declined to give any specific figures about the quantity or the dollar value. But, he said that it included bales of some irreplaceable tobacco that had been purchased in 1990.

9 fires in there history???

I BET they were sooo heavily insured, they were worth more Burnt than rolled considering what it was.

I know for a fact that many old timers revamped there businesses from ins fires. It makes you wonder. Also why there was no fire prevention in something so valuable????
exactly especially after they have had so many fires in the past.

THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
When all marketing and sales blitzes fail, Have a fire sale. Shame to loose bales from"the 60s" crying. But can you IMAGINE what THOSE cigars would have cost?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(08-26-2011, 09:41 AM)SJS Wrote: The smoke from that fire must have been heavenly !!!!!

I was thinking the same thing!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
(08-26-2011, 01:26 PM)GMJager Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 09:41 AM)SJS Wrote: The smoke from that fire must have been heavenly !!!!!

I think all of us were, but most were too morally objectified to say it. LOL
(08-26-2011, 01:45 PM)Zomboid Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 01:26 PM)GMJager Wrote:

I think all of us were, but most were too morally objectified to say it. LOL

Maybe that's why it burned to the ground; the firemen may have just stood around the barn inhaling. (joking, of course)

What a shame! The aged '60s Conn tobacco would have been nice.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"