Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuente Between the Lines
Hanging out at my local retailer today minding my own business and the owner approaches me.

Owner: "Do you want to try something nice"

Me:"Sure I will try anything but cloves"

O:"You have to smoke it right now, you cant take it home."

Me:"OK just let me have it"

He proceeds to hand me a Fuente Between the Lines.  It was a beautiful cigar and I did not want to smoke it.  I know why he made me promise to smoke it immediately.   I wanted to take it home and put it in my humidor.  Less than 200 boxes are made annually.  It was a great smoke and a unique experience.  Construction was excellent and draw was perfect.  The flavors melded together to create a truely unique cigar. 

[url=http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cigarsforless.com/images/dbthumbs/dbimages/hemingway_BTL.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cigarsforless.com/Cigars_in_US/Arturo_Fuente_Hemingway.htm&h=440&w=100&sz=8&hl=en&start=20&tbnid=sgie1I1q4edDUM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=29&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfuente%2B%2522between%2Bthe%2Blines%2522%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN][Image: url%5D]

Smoke

The BTL are nice, a little mild though.  I think of them more as a humidor show piece than a smoking cigar.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
It's nice to get that personnel touch when your a regular patron at a B&M.

I love it when once and while they finish ringing you up and throw in little something extra in the zip lock bag.
Keith Wrote:It's nice to get that personnel touch when your a regular patron at a B&M.

I love it when once and while they finish ringing you up and throw in little something extra in the zip lock bag.
I love that as well, when I purchased my box of ESG's, they threw in a handfull of AVO 80th's.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
that there is a good shop. cheers to the owner.
Mark Wrote:The BTL are nice, a little mild though.  I think of them more as a humidor show piece than a smoking cigar.
I've got a couple that are just sitting there.  And they will continue to just sit there.  Sure, I may buy more someday, but then those will just sit there, too.
spot on mark.  a tough cigar to burn.  looks real purty in the humidor.  especially to the unitiated.
My shop had a box of each,BTL,all hemi maduro's includeing woam's,all anejos'all opus and now has tatuaje,don pepin and a 64 anni. padron I never saw....a nice long churchill boxed pressed maduro that was sweet.
His VSG's were all dark and sweet as well too.I always see VSG's faded,they seem to not taste as sweet.
Bobalouie gifted me a few hemi maduro's,anejos,opus and vsg and padrons today.....great guy. Smile
at a dinner last year Debbi was smoking a BTL and Carlio came over and made a comment. He was pleased.

[Image: TOAST10.jpg]

[Image: TOAST13.jpg]
Smoked my first BTL courtesy of Rob...It was rather tasty. I'll get more to smoke. I can't let cigars lay around just to look at.