Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found a good deal on Don Pepin Black Label
I love pepin stuff.. Damn you for showing me this.  I may have to buy a box.  I love the JJ, blue and blacks! 

Dave, if you decide you don't wanna keep the blacks you just got, shoot me a PM, I'd possibly buy them off ya..
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

I actually heard that some of Pepin stuff doesnt age well. The fresher Blacks seemed to have more flavor to me and I enjoyed them. The few Blacks I had with either close to a year old or over a year age all sucked. Now the JJ with age on it was amazing. Highly recommend Wingo! Milder than the Blue, but the great flavor! I would say medium body. Now if you want to throw in a 4th option...the JJ Maduro may beat them all! FanFuckinTastic stick!!! MUST TRY!
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Maduro PiPs Wrote:I actually heard that some of Pepin stuff doesnt age well. The fresher Blacks seemed to have more flavor to me and I enjoyed them. The few Blacks I had with either close to a year old or over a year all they sucked. Now the JJ with age on it was amazing. Highly recommend Wingo! Milder than the Blue, but the great flavor! I would say medium body. Now if you want to throw in a 4th option...the JJ Maduro may beat them all! FanFuckinTastic stick!!! MUST TRY!

Interesting.. I've only had one JJ maduro, and I REALLY didn't enjoy it.  I liked the standard JJ better.  I might have to try and find another maduro to give it a second chance.
Scott  
Bearded Dad Blog:

Definitely try another Scott....let it sit a bit....not sure if you got it from a B/M or bomb....but let it sit and spark it!
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
I got it from Robbie in a bomb... Not sure how long it was aged.  I think I might actually have another one sitting in the humi.. I will let it sit for a while.
Scott  
Bearded Dad Blog:

Hmmm, I had a couple of blues a good while back(over a year) from a ten pack i got and was not impressed in the least. Very one dimensional imo. I may have to go back and dig them out and try again. I sure hope my experience with these blacks is different than most on here!Smile
The box of black toros I just got are smoking great IMO as some of you will find out shortly. [rob]
Maduro PiPs Wrote:I actually heard that some of Pepin stuff doesnt age well. The fresher Blacks seemed to have more flavor to me and I enjoyed them. The few Blacks I had with either close to a year old or over a year age all sucked. Now the JJ with age on it was amazing. Highly recommend Wingo! Milder than the Blue, but the great flavor! I would say medium body. Now if you want to throw in a 4th option...the JJ Maduro may beat them all! FanFuckinTastic stick!!! MUST TRY!

LK,

Have you tried the Don Pepin Black Label Figurado (1973)?  If not, send me your address and I'll send one your way.  I picked up a box from Robbie last fall, so they've been sitting for about 4-5 months...my favorite of the line.  Of course, I've not had any a year old...they don't seem to last that long.

MA