Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those in the Northeastern US
O oo ok skipper your funny. You should be on that show last comic standing lolSmile yes about the humidor
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Pete, I live on Long Island. It is very humid here in the summer. When I used the beads I used 65%. If it isn't difficult to return and exchange for the 65's go for it. They are expensive and you may find the 70's too wet for your liking. Besides, at 70% you are flirting with mold issues if the temp goes a little high. And yeah, I think your mixing theory would be right.    
   Good call, Skipper... not that I doubted you.  I've had my 65% beads in my coolidor for a few days now.  My RH% has yet to hold a perfect 65%, but I've pretty much been around 67% for most of the weekend - which is fine with me.  It shot up to 70% yesterday morning when I was digging around for a stick, but as you know it was fairly humid all weekend. 
     Regardless, the additional "cushion" for RH% deviation has proven beneficial.  If I had the 70% beads, and my RH% shot up like it did yesterday - I might've had problems.  With the Summer heat and humidity soon upon us, I don't need that worry... especially with my first box purchase on the way!  Thanks, Skipper!  
Pete Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:Pete, I live on Long Island. It is very humid here in the summer. When I used the beads I used 65%. If it isn't difficult to return and exchange for the 65's go for it. They are expensive and you may find the 70's too wet for your liking. Besides, at 70% you are flirting with mold issues if the temp goes a little high. And yeah, I think your mixing theory would be right.    
   Good call, Skipper... not that I doubted you.  I've had my 65% beads in my coolidor for a few days now.  My RH% has yet to hold a perfect 65%, but I've pretty much been around 67% for most of the weekend - which is fine with me.  It shot up to 70% yesterday morning when I was digging around for a stick, but as you know it was fairly humid all weekend. 
     Regardless, the additional "cushion" for RH% deviation has proven beneficial.  If I had the 70% beads, and my RH% shot up like it did yesterday - I might've had problems.  With the Summer heat and humidity soon upon us, I don't need that worry... especially with my first box purchase on the way!  Thanks, Skipper!  
Good for you PeteCool
    Oh, yes!  You didn't hear?  A modeslty priced box (Perdomo Lot 23 - Toro).  I'm pretty excited about it, and still surprised I took the leap.   

Between that box and your bomb... my, how the collection is growing!
Pete Wrote:    Oh, yes!  You didn't hear?  A modeslty priced box (Perdomo Lot 23 - Toro).  I'm pretty excited about it, and still surprised I took the leap.   

Between that box and your bomb... my, how the collection is growing!
and growing and growing[help]I do not have a problem buying cigarsSmile
     Had to resurrect this thread, as it's meant to be hot and very humid for days on end in the Northeast.  My coolidor peaked at 75-degrees yesterday while I was at work, so I moved it down to the basement.  Of course, that won't help in keeping my RH% down.  I have 65% beads, and I'm floating around 70%-71% at the moment. 

So, what should I do to help keep the RH% low?  More specifically, I've not spritzed the beads for a couple days.  Since the humidity is too high, should I NOT spray them?  
Can use use commercial humidor fluid on heartfelt beads?
banzaitoyota Wrote:Can use use commercial humidor fluid on heartfelt beads?
     I may be wrong, but I'm thinking you can only use water - and distilled water at that. 

You mean the 50/50 stuff?  Don't do it.

I have read not to use anything but distilled water with beads. 
Magnum PI Wrote:

You mean the 50/50 stuff?  Don't do it.

I have read not to use anything but distilled water with beads. 
word!