Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First cigar purchase
Well I don't recommend the first one. The taste was similar to what I only imagine tree bark tasting like. It was the one on the far left.
(01-10-2016, 03:44 PM)Tantefox Wrote: Well I don't recommend the first one. The taste was similar to what I only imagine tree bark tasting like. It was the one on the far left.

Damn, sorry to hear.  From the pic, that was a Quorum cigar.

How much of it did you smoke to decide that it was a "dog rocket"?   I've had cigars that within the 1st 1/2 inch I've tossed them for being just awful.  On the other hand, I've had some cigars start off really crappy, but for some reason, I smoked it a little bit longer & it actually improved, not to the point of being a great cigar, but a good cigar that I would smoke again.  Were you drinking anything with it?

Have you decided what the next cigar you're going to smoke is? 

The cigar on the far right looks like a CAO Moontrance. 
From CAO's site:

Quote:CAO Moontrance:
Spellbound, bewitched, entranced. All three describe how you’ll feel after lighting up CAO Moontrance, a flavored cigar with a Dominican blend, spectacular Cameroon wrapper and gentle, mesmerizing infusions of pure bourbon vanilla and Georgia peaches.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
@Tonto I was over half smoked on the quorum. The woodsy flavour just got more intense. Wanted to give honest effort before giving up. Had the house of horvath today. Much better. This one seemed really tight. Had very slow burn. Last 2 in pic I have better feeling I will like hence why they last. Yes I did drink with both. Rum & coke with first coffee with 2nd
(01-10-2016, 05:18 PM)Tantefox Wrote: @Tonto I was over half smoked on the quorum. The woodsy flavour just got more intense. Wanted to give honest effort before giving up. Had the house of horvath today. Much better. This one seemed really tight. Had very slow burn. Last 2 in pic I have better feeling I will like hence why they last. Yes I did drink with both. Rum & coke with first coffee with 2nd

Have you had a chance to try the others?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonight is the middle cigar. Flora isla habana. Pairing with some crown royal black. I'll let ya know how it goes Tonto
Love Crown Royal Black. I drink it with water, that way I stay hydrated.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Still getting used mixing with water. Not a fan yet. As for the cigar. Well that is another story. Zero flavour. No matter what I did couldn't keep it going. I gave up after about 1/2. I'll keep searching for the right cigar