Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Purchase P0RN
fishhound Wrote:Brad it has been my experience that Cohiba's are at their best after three to five years of age.
That sounds about right from everything I have read.  After I smoke one of each of the 5 brands I bought, I plan to set aside the rest to age.  I will smoke one in a year and then another the next year. 

Brad
I just smoked the Romeo Y Julieta Short Churchill.  It was nicely constructed, though it looked a little rough due to some fairly prominent veins.

This cigar started off beautifully.  The flavor in the first inch or so was ridiculously good.  However it went downhill after about an inch.  As I smoked, the cigar got really bitter and gross.  It was so bad that I just couldn't smoke it after about half way through.  I'm not sure if the tobacco was underaged or what, but it was incredibly bad.

Brad
I smoked the Partagas Serie P No. 2 today after work.  Talk about a dog rocket.  This was as bad as it gets.  It was incredibly under filled.  The only cigar I have ever handled that was rolled worse than this was a Gurkha.  The draw was really loose, and the flavor was not impressive.  It might have been better if I hadn't been forced to smoke it quickly to keep it from going out continously.

Brad
Sorry that you are having such bad cigar experiences!

3 different marcas, each of a different vitola, all bad...

[really]

MaytagMan Wrote:Sorry that you are having such bad cigar experiences!

[really]
Well, I still have hope.  The first two definitely had hints of greatness.  I think it is either a question of finding the right CC, aging them, or most likely both.

Brad
MaytagMan Wrote:Sorry that you are having such bad cigar experiences!

[really]
He did say the Cohiba was good... but I do get what you're hinting at...
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Brad PM sent.
Finally I had some success.  I just finished smoking the Montecristo No 2.  It was very good from start to finish.  It was also well constructed, and it never turned on me the way the others did. It wasn't as creamy as the Cohiba, and it wasn't as sweet as the RYJ, but it was very nice nonetheless.  It had a lot of different flavors.  Sometimes I sensed a bit of nuttiness, subtle sweetness, and on 2 draws I got the weird sensation of something that reminded me of mongolian beef. Confusedhock:

Brad
I just finished the last of the 5 brands I ordered.  It was the H. Upmann Magnum 46.  This one was like the Monte in that it didn't give me any trouble.  It started off with a little spice, but the spice only lasted for the first inch.  It was replaced by a little nuttiness, which remained for the rest of the smoke.  Overall I liked it.

Brad